Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Henry Doing Revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post

The RG is actually better looking.

That's how low the bar really is.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

It totally might be great, but I’ve been conditioned by 20 years of watching COPS episodes to immediately ask if it ships in a Crown Royal bag. It’s unfair and unfortunate, but I can’t help it.

I got to handle both models at the NRA convention yesterday. I quite liked the birdshead in both appearance and handling. The lockup was tight and the double action was very nice. I'm very much not the guy that'd pay $900 to own one, but I did enjoy handling it.

I’d like to know more on how it’s built..steel frame or zymac, cast frame or forged , how well does the cylinder lockup? how well will it hold up with a steady diet of .357’s, I’m assuming that it’s full of MIM, I think I’ll let others be the beta testers..

The proportions are awkward, compared to Colt and Smith but what really jangles my nerves is all that brass, the whole grip frame, shiny brass. But then they sell a lot of brass framed lever actions, so are just continuing the company tradition.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

MSRP is $900?

ETA: I guess that’s the MSRP for everything now, but why does this cost what that new SAO Beretta does?
    Last edited by TDA; 04-16-2023 at 08:37 PM.

Site Supporter
    Because someone will buy it. Why buy a Staccato if your orientation is SD, a Glock 19 or similar will do everything. If I had not a wave of real world bills, I might buy a Staccato - not that I could carry it.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I’m less bothered by the brass trigger guard and grip frame, since it now appears that the brass part isn’t structural.

But I reckon that I don’t need more K-frame .38s.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

12 auctions, only one bid. That bid is on the cheapest one listed. Not exactly a hot commodity.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Revolvers/...&Sort=9&View=1
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

User Tag List