Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry Doing Revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by Dave303 View Post
    I actually like how it looks, but I loved my Pontiac Aztek also, so take that for what it’s worth.
    Freak
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post
    I own one Henry, a .22LR "Big loop" lever action. Nice gun, works fine. This revolver is not appealing to me at all. It just looks too "old timey" and cheapish. My tastes go towards prelock S&W L and N Frames, and DW revolvers. The brass triggerguards on the Henry guns is not a positive thing, in looks or material. I hope they sell a bunch of them, but they won't get any money from me. If I was looking to buy a new revolver right now, it would be a Python, just because nothing else new appeals to me at all. My next revolver purchase will almost certainly be a used prelock S&W 686 4".
    I sort of agree.

The idea of replaceable front sights is a cool one though.

Also, the new Python is very much worth it. I've never shot an older Python, so it's not like it'll offend me like it seems to offend a bunch of classic Python fans

..but those guys don't really shoot theirs either do they now.

It's easily the best revolver of the L frame type IMO and it's worth the price.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I liked my Python, but didn't love it. And I like the looks of the old ones better than the new one, but it's not a big deal, it looks ok. If I'm going to HAVE to buy a new revolver, which is highly unlikely to happen for several reasons, I would buy a Python. But if I was spending $14-1500, I would probably buy a 686-1 or -2, and have an action job done on it. I have zero interest in S&W's current revolvers, and the DW 715 is discontinued again, and I have a 715 and 2 15-2's already, along with a half dozen N frame S&W's. I don't need another 686, I sold mine recently to a guy who offered me enough that I made almost a car payment over what I paid for it, and I wanted a prettier one anyway. I almost bit on one yesterday, I was super tempted, but I'm trying to become totally debt free by my birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave303 View Post
    I actually like how it looks, but I loved my Pontiac Aztek also, so take that for what it’s worth.
    I believe we hang out together on another site. Or else someone else loves that ugliest of beasts, the Aztek, and used this same analogy.

Well the general consensus of the three firearms related sites I frequent is that it's very ugly and very overpriced. It's not just you all here, at P-F, saying that.

There are a few that are publicly saying that they will pony up for one, but they seem to just be Henry fanboys and girls.

I do think they were aiming for a Colt Lightning semi-look alike or maybe a High Standard Sentinel, just like the Homesteader is a semi-look alike of the Winchester Mdl 03. Henry seems to like to do that. Put their spin on the esoteric look of older designs.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Reminds me of the first gen Colt Trooper sort of. Not as ugly as LCRs. "A traditional revolver sight picture is achieved with a fixed notch cut directly into the frame and a ramped blade front sight, of which three sizes are included for regulating the point of aim to match the point of impact. " NOICE!

Wonder if Henry could crank out a Winchester Model 12 pump replica economically?
    Or maybe a model 97 so the CAS crowd can pump fire it real fast.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Not the most beautiful thing I've seen but I hope it's solid. It could stand a chance now that so many state legislatures are making it hard to own a semi with high-cap mags. Maybe if Henry sells a few, then they'll modernize the design.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Do a 32 HR/327 Mag version. Get an extra round in?
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Not the most beautiful thing I've seen but I hope it's solid. It could stand a chance now that so many state legislatures are making it hard to own a semi with standard capacity mags. Maybe if Henry sells a few, then they'll modernize the design.

Okie John
    FIFY, you Bloomberg-Giffords troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    FIFY, you Bloomberg-Giffords troll.
    Okie can’t help it, he’s trapped in WA, like some others around here…
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List