Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry Doing Revolvers

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I think that I’ll need to see one IRL to figure out if they’re appealing or fugly.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    They have another version without the Bird’s Head grip, that they called the “Gun fighter” grip. It looks a bit more modern and conventional. https://www.henryusa.com/handguns/big-boy-revolver/

Kewl

Bird’s head laser grip and brass Acro shroud and I’m in

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Henry also needs to offer a T type grip for this.
    Exactly! The hand will rest so high up the grip frame that the trigger finger will be in an awkward position. However, placing the hand lower on the grip will raise the revolver such that line of bore is very high above the hand. Henry did not do their ergonomics research. An advanced design would allow assembly with minimal hand fitting.

I have lost count of the number of Henry centerfire lever guns that I have owned. I never had one that functioned correctly out of the box. All went back to the factory on their dime and were repaired to work as they should. Then they were ok. If I were in Alaska and concerned about bears, and desired a 45-70 lever gun, I would select an older Marlin. With mine I shot hogs, rocks, stumps, and dirt clods. Often another person wanted to buy these rifles, and I lost no money. Nothing about the Henry's compelled me to keep them. The new revolvers will be oddballs. They should have produced a nifty break open single shot handgun in traditional pistol calibers and priced it to sell as a $450 plinker.

Site Supporter
    I'd be interested in seeing the action it uses and maybe aftermarket grips. Cautiously optimistic even with the whole joint looking like a Yosemite Sam EDC.

Seriously I feel like there's a nonzero chance a flag that says "bang" will pop out when you pull the trigger.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Looking at all of those major parts assembly groups with gaps between them and rounded edges just makes my heart a little sad.

I think Henry as a company is capable of fine things, but this variation isn't there yet.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

As said earlier, it gives H&R vibes, and I don’t mean that as a compliment.

I think it’s ugly, and cheap looking.

I own one Henry, a .22LR "Big loop" lever action. Nice gun, works fine. This revolver is not appealing to me at all. It just looks too "old timey" and cheapish. My tastes go towards prelock S&W L and N Frames, and DW revolvers. The brass triggerguards on the Henry guns is not a positive thing, in looks or material. I hope they sell a bunch of them, but they won't get any money from me. If I was looking to buy a new revolver right now, it would be a Python, just because nothing else new appeals to me at all. My next revolver purchase will almost certainly be a used prelock S&W 686 4".

It reminds me of a Miroku Police Special. which I want very badly (for reasons I do not understand). At the listed MSRP or close to it, I'll just buy a Miroku.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I like 4” .357s. I generally like Henry. I do not like this.

It has a 50s Colt/H&R/Charter Arms mashup aesthetic going on that just isn’t appealing to me. Maybe I’m not the target audience.

A modern Thunderer/Lightning would have been much more interesting to me. Maybe that’s what they were going for but it looks like a 1950s interpretation of the Thunderer and Lightning.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List