Thread: Where to buy loaded ammo with Powder Coated bullets?

Where to buy loaded ammo with Powder Coated bullets?

Yes, I need to learn to do it myself, but in the mean time, where's the best place to buy quality loaded ammo with powder coated lead bullets? No such thing as a factory load from Federal or CCI, is there?

I need some 38 Special with 158 grainers in the 900 fps range, preferably semi wad cutters.

Underwood has a powdercoatish standard pressure 158 grain semi-wadcutter hollowpoint at 900+ fps for over $1.50 per round. You're asking for a bit of a specialty load flirting with a +P designation. Lower your target velocity to around 800fps and the bullets to plated and you may find more like potential in-stock Georgia Arms canned heat.

Paging @Lost River to the white courtesy phone please...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    This. LR will take care of you. He’s running a business I’m glad to call forum supporting business.
    #RESIST

maybe 800 FPS is what I want anyway, which is just a general purpose, not whimpy, 158 grain load.

I'll look at Georgia Arms. LR makes some good stuff from what I see, but I'm looking for a small bulk order. LR's ammo is expensive for the purpose I have for it.

Georgia Arms had a catastrophic fire not long ago, they are out of production still last I heard and struggling to return.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Georgia Arms had a catastrophic fire not long ago, they are out of production still last I heard and struggling to return.
    I wish them the best. I've been trying to follow their progress and iirc I read somewhere this weekend they are starting to rebuild. Good people there and I hope they recover soon.

OP: Finding affordable bulk powder coated .38 spl for practice ammo without being a reloader yourself might prove a challenge. Best of luck and fortune to you.

But another vote as to the quality of LR's ammo. It's excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Isn't that who was producing the new wadcutter defensive ammo DB, et al were involved with and announced earlier this year?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Yes it is.
    I picked up 100 rounds of it. Shoots great.
    It's what I have in the LCR in my pocket.

I had emailed them before the fire asking about a .32 version. Said it was down the road some.

Hopefully all goes well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This. LR will take care of you. He’s running a business I’m glad to call forum supporting business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Yes it is.
    I picked up 100 rounds of it. Shoots great.
    It's what I have in the LCR in my pocket.

I had emailed them before the fire asking about a .32 version. Said it was down the road some.

Hopefully all goes well for them.
    Sorry for the delayed response.

Got knocked down with a dang migraine.

I do have a poly coated 158 grain SWC in .38, but it is definitely quite a bit faster than what the OP is wanting.

Out of a 4" barrel it runs 1115 FPS and is obviously a +P load. Great K Frame load, or if you have a J Frame rated for .357s.

Speaking of .32s, there will be some .32 stuff on the horizon. It is obvious that there is a need (market) for lower recoil, easy shooting ammo and the .32 fits that bill. Plus having 6 shots in a centerfire J Frame makes sense. As does being able to have a lighter/better trigger than your typical J Frame rimfire.

So, that will be coming up here in the future.

User Tag List