Thread: Help Finding a G-Shock Replacement Band

Help Finding a G-Shock Replacement Band

Younger Offspring broke the band on his Casio G-Shock GBD-800, and I can't seem to find a replacement for it. My Google fu may be weak, but the only results I found were a couple shady looking sites.

Help a brother out?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    They don't seem to have it. Younger Offspring's Gshock seems to be an oddball.
    ― Ennius

― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 04-13-2023 at 10:43 AM.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I was hoping to find a better option that eBay, but that may be my best bet if I can't find something else.
    ― Ennius

Is there a watch shop near you - a business specializing in nothing but watches? I have found that many times they are able to procure parts or provide services that I couldn't find elsewhere.

Also . . . . is sending the watch to G-Shock/Casio for a new band or ordering the band directly from them an option? (I realize you likely already tried that, but just putting it out there).

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Is there a watch shop near you - a business specializing in nothing but watches? I have found that many times they are able to procure parts or provide services that I couldn't find elsewhere.

Also . . . . is sending the watch to G-Shock/Casio for a new band or ordering the band directly from them an option? (I realize you likely already tried that, but just putting it out there).
    The Casio website was surprisingly confusing in this manner.
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    G
    I hear what you are saying. Having said that -The ebay seller has 35K transactions/99.9% rating and is based in the USA.

I found the result after 120 sec of research. Chasing the low low price (maybe 10.00) less, is will take up far more time than it is "worth".

I fully acknowledge that 3 years into the COVID party, I value making quality decisions and moving on more than I used to and no longer chase the absolute best price on many items.
    I am not sure I will be that way if I was still paying for the twins on a daily basis.

I had a thought that it might be worth it to send it to the mothership given the potential PITA re taking it apart

https://casiosupport.zendesk.com/hc/...ts-and-Repairs
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Thanks for all the help guys (especially @vcdgrips )! I was able to successfully get a new band and replace it on Younger Offspring's GSHOCK. It took some futzing, but I was able to do it without getting the special springbar tool.
    ― Ennius

User Tag List