Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ruger ReadyDot

Quote Originally Posted by RUT View Post
    Myself and a friend each bought one, and each of us hated it. Fortunately I bought mine direct from Ruger and was able to return it but my buddy wasn't so lucky. He bought his on eBay with a "no return" policy and is stuck with it. My advise is to actually see/handle one prior to buying.
    What did you not like about it? (This is not a criticism, just looking for more color on what you found out about it)

>>What did you not like about it?<<

Super large dot, not particularly sharp, difficult to pick up compared to a "real" red dot, no windage & elevation adjustment. It was just too weird for my liking, plus I'm not a fan of using an optic on a SD gun. (which was the case with my Max 9) These are all things I kinda knew about it up front but out of curiosity I got one anyway, so it's my own fault. Luckily I was able to return it to Ruger for a refund. (which I have yet to receive) If you or anyone gets one just be sure you're able to return it if not satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by RUT View Post
    >>What did you not like about it?<<

Super large dot, not particularly sharp, difficult to pick up compared to a "real" red dot, no windage & elevation adjustment. It was just too weird for my liking, plus I'm not a fan of using an optic on a SD gun. (which was the case with my Max 9) These are all things I kinda knew about it up front but out of curiosity I got one anyway, so it's my own fault. Luckily I was able to return it to Ruger for a refund. (which I have yet to receive) If you or anyone gets one just be sure you're able to return it if not satisfied.
    Interesting that the dot is both large and not sharp. Sounds less like a laser dot and more like a flashlight?

You'd really have to see it first hand to see what I'm talking about. Just didn't do it for me. YMMV

Ruger Ready Dot on Hellcat Pro

Found one online for $70 and installed it on a Springfield Hellcat Pro.
    The included mounting screws worked fine on the Hellcat. It fit tight with no gap or slop, torqued to 12 inch pounds.

It co witnesses with the stock sights.
    Shooting at the indoor range it was on for windage, about 2 inch low at 10 yards with 147 gr fmj.

For my eyesight ( progressive bifocals and a mild astigmatism) the large dot worked fine.

I turned off the overhead light in my lane and the dot was usable with the ambient light from the range.

For what it is, it works as intended.

User Tag List