Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger ReadyDot

A decent Youtube showing the illumination. Much better than I thought actually.
    https://youtu.be/JamE017-Ocw

What if rain, mud or blood gets on the plastic illuminator?

JK!

Looks like a cool idea to me.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

At 0.3oz it’s a third the weight of a 407k
    I’d love to see if it could mount on my Glock 44 plastic slide and have the gun still function.
    The lack of adjustment would be a no go though

This looks kind of cool for an inexpensive .22lr optic. You know, something like for a Ruger MkIII, 10/22, etc. Something not necessarily for serious use and more for fun where you don't want to drop another $500 on an RMR.

I wonder how long it will be before someone rigs a small battery and an LED to cover the fiber optic collector and ghetto turbocharge the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    This looks kind of cool for an inexpensive .22lr optic. You know, something like for a Ruger MkIII, 10/22, etc. Something not necessarily for serious use and more for fun where you don't want to drop another $500 on an RMR.
    I've been very happy with the Riton MPRD v1 for several seasons of Steel Challenge. Enough so, that I picked up the newer v2 to build out another gun. The MPRD v2 is shake awake, auto off, adjustable for W/E, auto bright. Just perfect for steel. They can be easily found for $100.

On the v2 (right) the emitter is open to the underside, and you can easily see the difference in materials. With the shake awake I figure it's on for the car ride / match time for about 2 hours a week. While the v1 is on for 12 hours each week once a button is pushed. The v1 is still on its first battery after 2 years.

Name:  20230421_092547.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  80.9 KB

Name:  20230303_140818.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  55.5 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

That's actually pretty cool. You could get a bag of mini cyalume capsules, crack one open, tape it on top with Gorilla duct tape, and you'd be set for the better part of a night if you were f'ing around out in the woods or something. For most SD applications that looks pretty idiot proof.

I have a SeeAll with no tritium and I find it quite annoying how useless it becomes in low light condititons. It literally is worse than irons.

Fortunately, Ruger MAX-9 retains irons, and they can even be night sights. The question is though, how much value Ready Dot adds.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Myself and a friend each bought one, and each of us hated it. Fortunately I bought mine direct from Ruger and was able to return it but my buddy wasn't so lucky. He bought his on eBay with a "no return" policy and is stuck with it. My advise is to actually see/handle one prior to buying.

Quote Originally Posted by RUT View Post
    Myself and a friend each bought one, and each of us hated it. Fortunately I bought mine direct from Ruger and was able to return it but my buddy wasn't so lucky. He bought his on eBay with a "no return" policy and is stuck with it. My advise is to actually see/handle one prior to buying.
    If your buddy wants to sell his…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List