Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger ReadyDot

Ruger ReadyDot

https://shopruger.com/Ruger-ReadyDot...ductinfo/90742

https://ruger-hosted.s3.amazonaws.co...-SellSheet.pdf

Well, this is different. Non-adjustable.
    Fiber illuminated, so it doesn’t work in the dark?
    No battery so it is low enough to co-witness with standard height sights?

They know their market. A lot of people buying cheap Ruger pistols with stock sights and sticking them in a dresser drawer. For an extra $100, they get a sighting solution that’s probably hands-down better, and never needs batteries. Those people are never going to buy even a Holosun.

It’s not for anyone who posts here, but as a turnkey add-on I bet they sell plenty.

If we're moving towards everything being optic-cut, I kind of like the idea of super-simple low-profile "dots" that cowitness with normal sights and don't require battery changes.

Ruger probably was studying the Delta Point Micro and thought we can do a half step better.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I bet it’s usable at 7 yards.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Some years ago there was a battery-less rifle red dot reflex sight. The name escapes me but back then I’d considered buying them for our patrol rifles before I knew about the CompM4.

Site Supporter
    Trijicon has had dual illuminated no battery RMRs for years. They suck, but they’re nothing new.

I like the idea of a simple, cheap, but reliable RDS for training purposes, like on a .22 or a dedicated dry fire gun.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

It looks like Trijicon's patent on this isn't enforceable anymore, so they are doing it cheaper. The dual illuminated RMRs suck so this doesn't stand a chance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I like the idea of a simple, cheap, but reliable RDS for training purposes, like on a .22 or a dedicated dry fire gun.
    This is the best use for an optic like this - good light at the range. I am not often in a position where I think I am likely to need my gun, but a large % of such situations I have found myself in occurred in poor light. I would want something that illuminates on its own for that use.

User Tag List