Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville Bank shooting

Totally agree. It was a shitty situation and they did as well as could be expected given the circumstances.

Here's the FB post from Louisville' PD today"
    Here are our HERO Officers. Ofc. Nickolas Wilt (L) and Ofc. Cory "CJ" Galloway (R). Both are assigned to LMPD's First Division. Officer Wilt graduated on 3-31-23. Officer Galloway is a Training Officer and has been an Officer since 2018. #LMPD #Heroes
    Apropos of nothing, being in a shooting with a trainee (rather than a partner) is a whole different level of stuff.

They both went to the gunfire, the FTO stayed in the fight & sure as hell appeared to continue working to end the fight while coordinating, directing arriving coppers.

I have a minor nitpick, but it's for another day.

I can't imagine what it was like for him behind that planter while his trainee was bleeding on the concrete. That has to have been the longest couple of minutes of his life.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    1. Yes, unsure the duration.
    2. Yes and yes. His FTO is the one credited with killing the shooter. It was the rookie officer's 3rd or 4th day on the street.

Upon approach, officers could not see in due to window tinting and sunlight, but the shooter had a clear view out. He was waiting for them to arrive. Once he shot the officers, it took a bit to figure out where the shooter was. Later, when the shooter fired again the FTO was able to see in due to glass being shot out. The FTO was able to then engage and kill the shooter with his patrol rifle. The rookie officer was then immediately transported to the Level 1 trauma center, which is less than 2 miles away, by officers loading him into a police car and taking him.
    Thanks for the extra info, Lt.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Here is the bodycam footage posted above, plus commentary from LMPD. Nothing groundbreaking, but it does add some color.

I listened with great contempt and disgust to some of the politicians attempting to praise LMPD following the incident after doing nothing but berating them, degrading them, deeming them racist, etc. repeatedly for the past few years. All in furtherance of their political beliefs and agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    I listened with great contempt and disgust to some of the politicians attempting to praise LMPD following the incident after doing nothing but berating them, degrading them, deeming them racist, etc. repeatedly for the past few years. All in furtherance of their political beliefs and agenda.
    Ya, that’s why I don’t watch/listen to those dipshits. Easier on my blood pressure.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Is there anything current on Ofc. Wilt's status?
    "Hopeful" two days ago is all I find.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Is there anything current on Ofc. Wilt's status?
    "Hopeful" two days ago is all I find.
    https://www.wdrb.com/news/lmpd-deput...572dc28df.html

Site Supporter
    This stood out:

"I think what's gotten lost in this is Officer Galloway was only able to stop that shooter because he was shooting at other officers. And those officers went up to rescue Officer Wilt and got shot at, and retreated, and went right back to rescue him again and got shot at it again. That was a lot of bravery, not just from Officer Wilt and Officer Galloway but from other officers.

User Tag List