Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Deals on M&P 40 2.0's

Good Deals on M&P 40 2.0's

I bought one of these from AIM Surplus for $279.00. Ordered on April 2nd, shipped on April 5, arrived at my FFL on April 8, I picked it up today.

I thought it was a good price and was pleasantly surprised to open the box at the FFL and find what appears to be a new, unfired pistol.

My plan is to do Dawson FO sights, plus an Apex trigger and conversion barrel. That way I'll have the ability to shoot both 9 and 40 - I have about a hundred thousand rounds of once fired forty brass.

Base pistol @ 280 + Apex Conversion Barrel @ 200 + Apex Flat Faced Polymer Forward Set Trigger @ 110 = 590.00 for the package. That sounds okay for me.

https://aimsurplus.com/products/leo-...o-thumb-safety
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I checked the link.

It does not show the pistols as 2.0 in the description, and the photo is a first generation M&P40.

If they were 2.0, I may jump. But not for the original.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I checked the link.

It does not show the pistols as 2.0 in the description, and the photo is a first generation M&P40.

If they were 2.0, I may jump. But not for the original.
    Seconded. Not that $279 is a bad deal for any M&P40, good caliber for the platform. But I much prefer the 2.0 ones.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Seconded. Not that $279 is a bad deal for any M&P40, good caliber for the platform. But I much prefer the 2.0 ones.
    I owned the 1.0 version of the .40... I traded it off rather quickly with zero remorse. Swore off M&P until I shot the 2.0 and realized they had really improved the trigger.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

M&P 45 @ AimSurplus

https://aimsurplus.com/products/leo-...45auto-handgun

https://aimsurplus.com/products/leo-...ompact-handgun

The M&P 45c 8-round is no longer offered in the 2.0 version. It's listed as a 3.5" barrel, but it is a 4" barrel. Nice pistol. Good opportunity to add one to your stable!

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I owned the 1.0 version of the .40... I traded it off rather quickly with zero remorse. Swore off M&P until I shot the 2.0 and realized they had really improved the trigger.
    No disagreement, I am not a fan of the first-gens. I kept my first gen 1.0 because I got it extremely well-priced and unissued, and relegated it to my "reliable but crappy and I have no sentimental attachment" gun for anti-cougar duty on hikes using FMJ.

It's marginally better now because I swapped the backstrap with one from my 2.0 .45, but I still never intended to buy another M&P before the 2.0 ones. Those plastic silverware triggers and slick grips were rough.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

For me, the improved trigger action and more aggressive grip texture were enough for me to purchase a 2.0 45acp.

I'd call them to check. Here's a picture of my slide:

Name:  2.0.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  51.0 KB

BTW - I posted my opinion this had never been fired after a cursory examination and being pumped from getting such a clean pistol. There is minimal holster wear, and as you can see from the cocking striations it's dirty.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    The 2.0 versions are only $20 more on the site.

Site Supporter
    I'd get one if it was the version with the thumb safety. I'm such a yokel that I'm okay with the triggers on my 1.0s (.40 and .45).
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

User Tag List