Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Best “Kydex” Mag Carrier?

I tried all kinds of mag pouches and finally couldn't take it anymore and started making my own. Went thru several iterations and have been running versions of this for a few years.

0.08 Kydex. As close to the beltline as you can get. Custom formed to my curves. Edges relieved so no hotspots. Fits whatever cool current light I mold it for. Perfectly sized Paracord for no belt loop bulk. I can make high or low ride.

I make a similarly constructed IWB holster as well for minimal bulk. I use Raven and Safariland OWB and tactical holsters otherwise.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Interesting-what are you using for the belt loops, paracord?

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Interesting-what are you using for the belt loops, paracord?

Best, Jon
    Paracord with aluminum butt connectors for a perfectly sized, low profile, strong connection. I have had all kinds of Kydex and steel belt loops and this works the cleanest and allows just enough movement.

Dennis.

Gotta say dude, that is very innovative, using butt connectors to join those ends. Thank you for sharing that, I'll probably use that technique one of these days on something.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Gotta say dude, that is very innovative, using butt connectors to join those ends. Thank you for sharing that, I'll probably use that technique one of these days on something.
    Melt the ends of the Paracord a bit to create a wedge end for the compressed butt to hold against.

Thanks!

Dennis.

User Tag List