Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 has me wary for aiwb

Sig 320 has me wary for aiwb

I’ve been mulling over this for quite sometime, I am issued a full size sig 320 and shoot it on a weekly basis along with dryfire. The sig indexes well for me due to the amount of time I have spent with the platform. During the winter months when off duty I carry a 320 compact and in the summer a 365xl. I carry these due to commonality with my issued gun and grip angle. But recently after seeing videos of 320’s discharging in holsters, I’ve been hesitant to carry the 320 compact aiwb. The compact has a 2022 manufactured FCU, after reading threads here the consensus is that post 2019 320’s are considered good to go. Even so when I carry it aiwb I still have a leery feeling. I’ve contemplated carrying one of my Glock 19s, even though they index differently for me. Should i drive on with the 320 compact considering the commonality with my issued gun? Or make the move to the Glock? Part of me thinks I am overthinking the issue. But then again I don’t trust SIG as a company and am not fully confident they have fixed the issues with the 320.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
    I’ve been mulling over this for quite sometime, I am issued a full size sig 320 and shoot it on a weekly basis along with dryfire. The sig indexes well for me due to the amount of time I have spent with the platform. During the winter months when off duty I carry a 320 compact and in the summer a 365xl. I carry these due to commonality with my issued gun and grip angle. But recently after seeing videos of 320’s discharging in holsters, I’ve been hesitant to carry the 320 compact aiwb. The compact has a 2022 manufactured FCU, after reading threads here the consensus is that post 2019 320’s are considered good to go. Even so when I carry it aiwb I still have a leery feeling. I’ve contemplated carrying one of my Glock 19s, even though they index differently for me. Should i drive on with the 320 compact considering the commonality with my issued gun? Or make the move to the Glock? Part of me thinks I am overthinking the issue. But then again I don’t trust SIG as a company and am not fully confident they have fixed the issues with the 320.
    My personal choice would be a 365 or Glock, but that may be out of an abundance of caution.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I don’t know what your gun budget is, but would the various options to get a Glock with a different grip angle be worth looking at? Custom grip work, non-Glock frame?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My personal choice would be a 365 or Glock, but that may be out of an abundance of caution.
    This. I would just stick with the 365

Not a fan of the 320; if having to choose, I'd stick to the 365 or better yet, a G19.....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I don’t know what your gun budget is, but would the various options to get a Glock with a different grip angle be worth looking at? Custom grip work, non-Glock frame?
    A nomad framed glock points an awful lot like a 365 macro

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Agreed, I just need to put more time in with the Glock.
    We’ve had a few uncommanded discharges within my department, just doesn’t inspire confidence in the platform for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Yeah I have been looking into this. It maybe what I end up doing, I’d like to keep the grip angle as close to my issued gun as possible.

I’d replace the P320 compact with a P365X Macro and drive on. No such safety concerns with the P365 series and the X Macro is close enough to the size of the P320 compact but holds 17 rounds. You’d have to buy another holster since it doesn’t fit normal P365 holsters but you’d have grip angle commonality.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
    Agreed, I just need to put more time in with the Glock.
    We’ve had a few uncommanded discharges within my department, just doesn’t inspire confidence in the platform for me.
    Can you elaborate on this? PM me if you don't feel comfortable sharing on an open forum.

User Tag List