Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 has me wary for aiwb

In the Washington Post article they have embedded video of two incidents. In one you can see the SRO slightly pull his pistol out of the holster and push it back in, like he was adjusting it, when the gun went off. In the other you see the gun in a swinging bag go off. Not sure what I want to conclude from these videos.

From Washington Post story -
    Ashley Catatao, a police officer in suburban Boston who said she was shot in the thigh by her P320 last year, said she no longer keeps a bullet in the chamber of the gun she is required to carry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...-fires-on-own/

If you watch the Catatao video in the WaPo story, it gave me some serious pause.
    Name:  IMG_3317.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  46.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    So the Washington Post has an article on the P320 and accidental discharges.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...-fires-on-own/
    This article is a hit piece.

Not against the 320 per se, that is just incidental.

The article is co-authored by an anti gun activist employed by a partisan anti-gun group “The Trace.” They style themselves an “anti gun violence group,” but we know what that means.

They want to use this to subject, the firearms industry to so-called consumer product safety” regulations. Just like the consumer product safety regulation states like California and New Jersey have tried to use to mandate technology that doesn’t actually exist to effectively ban guns.

Not to mention the information from ICE cited in the article is both inaccurate and incomplete.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-11-2023 at 06:39 PM.

There is absolutely no new information in that article. What it shows, however, is how capable is the law firm behind this law suit. It does help with the settlements. Personally I hope Sig will not settle it and go to trial.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Tough week for SIG between the Stoeger post and the WaPo article. I wonder if “SIG-nade” is going to stick…

Insta embed…

http://instagram.com/p/Cq2hsXAOH_y/
    While Stoeger has a greater following than the others that have posted about the p320 kabooms, there’s lots of testimonies on FB, IG and Enos of people with similar issues.

I’m glad I switched away from the p320.

There’s way too much smoke for numerous issues.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    While Stoeger has a greater following than the others that have posted about the p320 kabooms, there’s lots of testimonies on FB, IG and Enos of people with similar issues.

I’m glad I switched away from the p320.

There’s way too much smoke for numerous issues.
    Name:  IMG_0485.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  45.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Name:  IMG_0485.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  45.4 KB
    Been there done that myself with “factory” ammo no less. Glock replaced the frame and I continued carrying it with not another issue. Without knowing the provenance of the ammo it’s kind of hard to take a side.

Name:  D79933FD-0B58-4C38-94F5-A436175D3AA2.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  33.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    We initially thought UD, but further examination of the holster/gun combination showed that the trigger guard of the holster was formed in such a way that it would rub on the trigger and actuate it if the weapon was inserted at JUST the right angle. Cheap holster bought on some facebook store.
    While it has been pointed out the Glock tab trigger was designed as a drop safety, it seems something like this may have prevented this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    While it has been pointed out the Glock tab trigger was designed as a drop safety, it seems something like this may have prevented this.
    I hear people saying this over and over, and while true it is only part of the story. Straight from Glocks's webpage:

" The trigger safety is designed to protect against firing, if the pistol is dropped or the trigger is subjected to lateral pressure. "

User Tag List