Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 has me wary for aiwb

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I remember the good old days when Glocks and 1911's were the scary guns for carry

And people shitting themselves when a competitor would holster a 3rd gen SW cocked on the start line when the rules allowed......
    I'd love to have a time machine and take one of the newer Striker Fired pistols back in time to when Glock was first making its inroads in this country. Everyone was so scared about how light of a trigger they had and no manual safety. Their heads would probably explode if they saw a 320.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
    320 compact, 365XL or Glock 19 for concealed carry?
    Use the Glock 19. Make sure it has an SCD on it. The grip angle concern is way overrated for people who actually train. Since it is easy I would experiment with a shortened/trimmed backstrap which can help mimic the Sig grip angle.

Buy the inevitable 365 doublestack (well, wait for the the follow-up 2nd generation of course, because SIG) with a safety when it is released if you must.

Speaking of Glocks... that was a Glock pistol:

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Speaking of Glocks... that was a Glock pistol:

My first question would be was it a stock Glock ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Good question. No idea

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I'd love to have a time machine and take one of the newer Striker Fired pistols back in time to when Glock was first making its inroads in this country. Everyone was so scared about how light of a trigger they had and no manual safety. Their heads would probably explode if they saw a 320.
    LE was still carrying DA revolvers and routinely had fingers on triggers because 12# DA was pretty safe. S&W, Beretta, and SIG used safety as an advertising point, and even made DAO autos. The P7 had a 3.5# trigger, but required the squeeze to go hot. Eventually we grew accustomed to the idea of a 5# Glock trigger that requires no action except pulling the trigger to go bang. The 320 is way beyond that, and while it's great trigger for competition, I'm with DB on people management triggers.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No clue but from various sources, it's apparently a G43 in an Incog holster

If you look around hard enough, you'll find examples of reholstering NDs with EVERY model of firearm. Competitors have been sending rounds in their legs or other unsafe places with TDA Berettas, CZ and Tanfos for many many years now. Same for mil and other users.

That said, everyone with a modicum of common sense and training should be able to examine the trigger qualities of a 92/TDA, a Glock and a 320/365 and manage to rank these according to the criteria "Trigger tolerance to a coc*-up". What wise people usually come up with is 92/TDA (most tolerant), Glock (fairly tolerant), 320/365 (not tolerant at all - tuned 1911 with wide, hinged trigger and no manual safety).

Do your own testing with an unloaded firearm, holsters and some stuff to obstruct the holster (rag/shirt tail, door key, ball pen etc). I did: I was surprised to see how much it actually takes to have a stock Glock go off, and the trigger tab safety together with the shape of the trigger play a role in it. A 365/320, not so much ...

OP I'd carry the G19 you are comfortable with. I don't think your slightly less perfect index w/ the G19 is a problem. SD gun use on average is at some really short distance like 15 feet. Think about that less perfect index and what it's effect on POI would be at 15ft or less. And going to the Glock grip angle would usually cause your shot to place a little high. Would that be a problem when making a center mass shot? I doubt it.

And then if it grenades while re-holstering . . .

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq2hsXAOH_y/

I didn't know that was a thing but there sure are a lot of commenters from the competition side who say they've seen it. One them has had TWO self destruct.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List