Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mag pouch- concealed carry

Like Volgrad, I use a Dale Fricke Horizontal Mag Pouch for my 1911s and my Glocks.

The thing I've struggled with is carrying with a tucked shirt. My work attire is a tucked shirt and tie, and while there are plenty of options for the gun itself, pockets seem about the only real option for magazines, and with khakis my pockets are already crowded. Maybe I should give one of the back pocket mag carriers a try. I'm just not sure how comfortable it'd be sitting with a double stack magazine in my back pocket for extended periods.

Quote Originally Posted by commandar View Post
    The thing I've struggled with is carrying with a tucked shirt. My work attire is a tucked shirt and tie, and while there are plenty of options for the gun itself, pockets seem about the only real option for magazines, and with khakis my pockets are already crowded. Maybe I should give one of the back pocket mag carriers a try. I'm just not sure how comfortable it'd be sitting with a double stack magazine in my back pocket for extended periods.
    I've seen tuckable IWB mag pouches. They are out there you just have to look around. I can't point you specifically to one at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I've seen tuckable IWB mag pouches. They are out there you just have to look around. I can't point you specifically to one at the moment.
    Pretty sure Comp-Tac has one.
    I'll also recommend Kytex for normal on the belt pouches. I just used them for AFHF and they're awesome- compact, stay on the belt, and you can buy 2 or 3 for what most pouches cost.

My favorites tend to be from The Wilderness (see www.thewilderness.com); I use their Double Ugly dual pouch for both single- and double-stack magazines, and their horizontal pouches (both flapped and open) for double-stack magazines (and one flapped one for my flat single-stack SIG P225 magazines). The flapped varients work nicely with magazines that have sharper baseplate edges.

I also use Glock's polymer single magazine pouch, Orca's double mag pouch, Blade-Tech's double mag pouch, and a DeSantis single mag pouch (whose internal leaf spring magazine retention device tends to lightly scar my polymer Glock magazines, but operationally this causes no problems-just aesthetically).

Insofar as frequency of use, it's usually a Wilderness kinda day.

Best, Jon

When I approached the issue of carrying an extra mag, I originally thought that I would try to horizontal carry, but I wanted something that incorporated the entire mag (so it wasn't identifiable as to what it is. I found a few different pouches that I re-purposed to suit my needs. I found that the horizontal carry in this fashion was uncomfortable and made me look, well, pudgy.

I started thinking about all the crap that people carry around on their belts. My brother-in-law is a prime example. He carries both a cell phone and a multi-tool on his belt. I figured, I'd look into a myriad of various multi-tool/knife pouches. I found a benchmade pouch that is very inexpensive, encompasses the entire mag, and is slim enough not to draw any added attention. It is also just simple velcro to keep the flap shut, so it would be easy to access if need be.

I've been pretty happy with this so far. Hidden in plain sight.

Here are a few pics:

Great solution, STIPARTOUT.

User Tag List