Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCT Mfg Glock 19 clone frame

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Ah, it’s a more than a minute since I looked into which gens fit which frame. Thanks!

What about any differences in presentation?
    I haven’t noticed a difference in presentation.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I haven’t noticed a difference in presentation.
    Name:  9803855D-FB0E-47C2-953A-462D36F30331.jpeg
Views: 824
Size:  41.0 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Put @150 rounds through this yesterday and today at training. No more trigger issues. I also messed around with some WMLs to see what fit in a Safariland 6376RDS. This holster is mismarked. It’s for a G19, not a 34. These combos all fit: x300u-a, Olight PL-Mini, Olight PL-Mini2. I imagine TLR-7s and Nightstick TCM-500s would work just fine as well. TLR-1 did not fit.

Name:  B7EC9B45-B3C2-4868-879D-EB4D1A50BDB6.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  100.6 KB
    Name:  48379461-4DD3-40FE-9D86-EA16AF46B108.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  102.1 KB
    Name:  811CE346-7A6C-44CF-BB75-B5125893CD75.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  87.9 KB
    Name:  8F268DD4-BC83-47B4-ADBC-913009B96C01.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  100.9 KB
    Name:  4E273D2C-E485-42DF-AC12-4519B9D5D184.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  63.3 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Just for giggles, have you (or anyone else) shot a stock 19 and any of the flat backstrap frames back to back? If so, did they present differently or is the difference between them not that drastic?

I stayed away from 19s for several years because the hump and my stubby fingers just don’t play well together but I recently picked up a 19.4 fairly cheap to help someone out. I’m going to play with it in stock form and see if any of the PF knowledge I’ve picked up makes a difference but I’m wondering if I should look into one of these frames as a possible solution (I know there’s Gen3/4 differences but I’ve seen conversion parts to get around that).
    The grip angle is the same as a G19.3 but it’s slightly thinner. My hands like it better but I prefer the Polymer 80 style frames better. They are a little thinner still.

If you’re looking for a more comfortable grip, take a look at the Nomad frames. They are Gen 4 and shaped more like an M&P frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Took the LPK out and messed around with it. Looks like the trigger bar was out of spec. Replaced it with an OEM and did a .25cent trigger job. I also did some rough frame work. Loosened up the screws on my JMCK AIWB for a G17 and it works. Waiting on some different grit wheels/paper to finish up the frame work.

Attachment 103496
    Attachment 103497
    Attachment 103498
    Lon,
    You are a true Dremel master. Very nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by JB2000 View Post
    Lon,
    You are a true Dremel master. Very nice work.
    Thanks.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by JB2000 View Post
    Here's my build using the SCT frame. I bought mine from Brownells and used a Brownells lower parts kit
    How was the Brownells LPK? Any reason to avoid it?

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

How was the Brownells LPK? Any reason to avoid it?
    awe_101,

I’ll give you my opinion on the LPK and then the caveats. Looking at the Brownells LPK, it looks like quality similar to PSA or Polymer80. The molding on the trigger and stamping of the metal parts look a little rougher than others but everything went together and functioned fine. The only issues I’ve had is the spring on the slide stop slipping toward the middle reducing the force on the slide stop which would not release the slide on its own. Bending the spring a little seems to have helped.

The caveats are that I used a PolyDat trigger and bar and a Ghost Lo-Pro magazine release. Also, I’ve only put 100 - 150 rounds through it which isn’t enough to be completely confident in it.

So, I don’t have any reason to say you shouldn’t use one but I also don’t have the rounds down range to say “it’s as good as” if that makes sense. For a range or training gun I would say go for it. For a gun that needs to be completely reliable I would go with OEM or better.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks!

GL-429s are in. All put together.

Name:  CBBE40E6-EE8F-440F-A401-AC334132ADF2.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  99.1 KB

In case anyone is interested, AIM has a sale going on. I just ordered everything I need to build an SCT19L (19 frame/17 slide) minus the sights and optic for $311.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List