Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Everyone Who Carries a Gun Needs to Know // Higher Line Podcast

What Everyone Who Carries a Gun Needs to Know // Higher Line Podcast

This is well worth your time to watch, a lot of solid advice:

"You carry a gun so you're hard to kill. Know the law so you're hard to convict." Expert Self Defense Attorney Andrew Branca delivers a presentation on the US legal system over lunch at the S12 Premier Training Event.

I watched this when it was first posted. I think it’s pretty good advice. I like a lot of what Andrew Branca puts out and have a couple of copies of some of his books but the tagline for his company is probably one of the most cringe-worthy things in the gun community. “You carry a gun so you’re hard to kill. Know the law so you’re hard to convict.” For real? No one told you why that sounds terrible before we went live with this idea? How about “Know the law to protect your freedom” or “protect your rights.” Know the law so you’re hard to convict sounds like it should be the tagline for Better Call Saul or something. It sounds shady.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone here heard Mr. Branca state how many cases he has prosecuted and/or defended and it what jurisdictions?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Andrew Branca cannot try a case in court because it would be almost impossible to find 12 people who he had not blocked on Facebook to serve on the jury.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    This is well worth your time to watch, a lot of solid advice:

"You carry a gun so you're hard to kill. Know the law so you're hard to convict." Expert Self Defense Attorney Andrew Branca delivers a presentation on the US legal system over lunch at the S12 Premier Training Event.

You lost me at Andrew Branca.

Site Supporter
    Nvm.

When someone has to title himself as “attorney”… well that’s just a “bless your heart” moment.

Name:  313452E5-40EC-4C6A-8245-7E326CD4EFD1.jpg
Views: 1261
Size:  25.2 KB

I’ll stick to the stuff that Mas, DB, and similar are talking about. We’re especially fortunate to have Mas as one of the few SMEs left on P-F.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

So respectfully, what’s up with the negative commemts? I attended one of his local 4 hour seminars and seemed solid, good info, tempered?

Thanks,
    Dave

He is kind of a prickly individual online.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    He is kind of a prickly individual online.
    That’s part of it, if a bit understated. Emotionally disturbed /mentally ill would be more accurate.

More significantly, he’s a self professed expert in self defense law that has never prosecuted or defended a case in court. Much less a self defense case. Like a virgin professing to be an expert on sex.

User Tag List