Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buffalo Bore .25ACP 60gr Hardcast Gel Test

Deleted.............
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-10-2023 at 08:48 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Hmmm... I have a Duo somewhere...

http://instagram.com/p/Bou_6whHh5F/
    I have one from France via a combat vet in ww2. 100% documented. Never shot it. Would it be better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    My wife went to some kind of gala event in Philadelphia back in 2016(???). She was carrying a hand clutch, and the only pistol that fit in there are my Beretta 950 Jetfire. She sat with the mayor, and some of the conversation was about gun “control”. 🤣💥

Do you mean "the only pistol I had" that would fit? If a .25 fits, there's a good chance that a .32 Seecamp or an LCP will too.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I guess I now know how the .45 only guys feel about 9mm. One I can’t imagine that Buffalo Bore will sell enough to justify the research. Anyone buying a Jennings in 25 is probably not going to buy a $50 box of bullets. At this point in my life I can’t imagine anything that would convince me to carry a 25 considering how anemic it’s been up until now. I think I would take my chance with a 22 or a 32 and may even just rely on POM.
    Jennings

I hope they don't. I saw one of those launch it's slide into a guys face. Cut him up a bit but no eye damage due to his glasses. I documented everything. After some research I found that it was not meant to shoot HV ammo. Seems the slide is made out of some type of cast tin alloy. It was a 22 LR but I wouldn't trust a 25 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Do you mean "the only pistol I had" that would fit? If a .25 fits, there's a good chance that a .32 Seecamp or an LCP will too.
    I had a couple of LCP pistols at the time, but the Beretta edged it out a little. The clutch was extra small. That event was a one time deal, and my wife doesn’t carry anything except a Glock 19.

During a range trip around 5 years ago, I just happened to have the Beretta 950 with me. A couple of adults were in the lane next to me, and a Tiny Tim sized kid was struggling with his father’s duty size 9mm. I handed them the Beretta, along with a box of ammo. When they were done, the kid’s hand was shredded from slide bite! Guess I should’ve warned them…

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I have one from France via a combat vet in ww2. 100% documented. Never shot it. Would it be better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick?
    You should million percent shoot it. They're pretty easy to shoot, despite the lack of sights. The little Bernardelli that I have actually has sights and shoots rather well, tho I need a new FP for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    You should million percent shoot it. They're pretty easy to shoot, despite the lack of sights. The little Bernardelli that I have actually has sights and shoots rather well, tho I need a new FP for it...
    I might if ever come across any cheap ammo. Seems to work OK.

For the little guns with a simple channel for sighting, I had one and glued on a fiber rod. It fit great and worked, you could see enough to index well at short range.

As I was picking some cases the other day, got to looking at a 5.7 case, a bit shorter one could hold a . 25 ACP FMJ, it would be “ better.” There was a guy “Tinker” if I recall that was wildcatting a .251 “Tinker” for revos, seemed pretty cool conceptually. Oops actually called .251 TCR!

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    For the little guns with a simple channel for sighting, I had one and glued on a fiber rod. It fit great and worked, you could see enough to index well at short range.

As I was picking some cases the other day, got to looking at a 5.7 case, a bit shorter one could hold a . 25 ACP FMJ, it would be “ better.” There was a guy “Tinker” if I recall that was wildcatting a .251 “Tinker” for revos, seemed pretty cool conceptually. Oops actually called .251 TCR!
    I used to visit his blog regularly. He always has one cool project or another bubbling. Haven't taken a look at the blog in a long while though. .251 TCR:

https://tinkertalksguns.com/2019/11/...r-its-a-thing/
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

User Tag List