Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Federal Syntech 9mm- Issues?

I have 500 rounds of the 147 grain… only to mess around with my PTR. Figured I’d run 147 of some kind thru it when I get comfortable with it… either the excess Winchester Ranger or something similar. Hopefully the thaw will happen soon and I can put some rounds thru it.

Only drawback, not a fan of the Barney purple coating.

The 150gr load didn't really shoot well in my primary Glock 19, so I gave up on it after a couple/several of boxes worth. Patterns more than groups at 25 yards. I have shot coated lead handloads without issue, so I'd guess I just got a bad lot

I'm not opposed to trying one of the Syntech loads again, but with TMJ or FMJ ammo being a cheaper option, I'd likely stick with those for now, if buying factory ammo.

Dialing in my Limited Optics setup yesterday (P226 SAO, GG action, SRO)- the 25 yard six shot groups tell "a story".

For practical purposes the 150 Syntech "will work" but it's not grouping quite as well from this particular setup as the 124 grain Norma, or even the 147 grain Win white box flat point.

As a practical matter, the differences among these 25 yard groups probably mean nothing at normal competition distances on something the size of an A zone. But there is a noticeable difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Archer1440; 05-12-2023 at 09:46 AM.

User Tag List