Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dagger

Site Supporter
    I have one of their slides with an RMR on a Gen 2 G19 frame. It works fine my only complaint was sharp edges on the bottom of the slide drawing blood. The slight beaver tail on the dagger frame may mitigate it.

Gadget Compatibility

Question on these: will they take a Striker Control Device/Gadget?

Quote Originally Posted by Moshjath View Post
    Question on these: will they take a Striker Control Device/Gadget?
    Gen 3, yes.

I have two their complete slides on P80 frames, no complaints they run well. I’ve also heard good things about their frames, I’ve always wondered why they decided on the hinged trigger.

I picked up one of the PSA blem complete lowers and I've got a question.

While doing a function check after installing a slide, the trigger doesn't reset if I pin it to the rear. On my 19.4, if I do that I can feel and hear the trigger reset. The trigger in the Dagger frame just stays to the rear. If I cycle the slide with my finger off the trigger, it resets normally.

I'm guessing the assembler at PSA either put something together slightly wrong, something is physically "off" with the frame itself or there's a tolerance issue somewhere but I don't know what's normal yet or where to start the trouble shooting.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Try a different slide. Sometimes due to tolerance stacking issues the camming surface on the underside doesn't engage the connector all the way.

Also try a different connector.

If it persists, contact PSA.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Try a different slide. Sometimes due to tolerance stacking issues the camming surface on the underside doesn't engage the connector all the way.

Also try a different connector.

If it persists, contact PSA.
    The only other slide I have is a Gen 4 and I've read those can't be used on a Gen 3 frame.

EDIT: I got an attack of the smarts and remembered a G3 slide will work on a G4. The new slide works fine on the 19.4 so it's something in the frame. If I have time tomorrow I'll swap the trigger group from the 19.4 into the Dagger frame and see what happens.
    Last edited by awp_101; 06-10-2023 at 09:31 PM.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Roger on the gen4 slide not working on the gen3 type frame.

The gen 3 slide, is it OEM, or aftermarket?

It DOES sound like you've isolated the problem to the frame area, good on ya.

I'd say swap the trigger bar and connector, but note that the gen 4 trigger housing won't fit right (too small from front to rear) in the gen 3 style Dagger frame.

Trigger spring might be too weak, maybe, or the connector is not sitting at the proper angle in the trigger housing (like the slot for the bottom extension is not cut right).
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 06-10-2023 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Roger on the gen4 slide not working on the gen3 type frame.

The gen 3 slide, is it OEM, or aftermarket?

It DOES sound like you've isolated the problem to the frame area, good on ya.

I'd say swap the trigger bar and connector, but note that the gen 4 trigger housing won't fit right (too small from front to rear) in the gen 3 style Dagger frame.

Trigger spring might be too weak, maybe, or the connector is not sitting at the proper angle in the trigger housing (like the slot for the bottom extension is not cut right).
    Aftermarket slide from Remsport.

I'm thinking trigger bar at this point. The SCT frame I picked up came with a LPK so I put the SCT frame together, tried the same slide and had no issues. I transferred the trigger bar and housing to the Dagger and the same slide worked fine. Reinstalled the original Dagger parts and had the same problem. Since it works normally (or appears to) if I worked the trigger like I normally would, I'll just add some OEM trigger bars to my next Brownells/MidwayPrimary Arms/etc order and drive on.

Thanks for the help!

User Tag List