Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Taurus tx22 range report

I remain impressed with this little auto.

I am definitely downloading by one in my 13 and 16 round mags as @Grousa870 suggested. Seems to work very well.

I am just under 1000 rds of a variety of .22, including bulk .22, through my TX 22 Compact. I have had 1 "dud" round (Federal Automatch) and exactly 1 FTF out of 50 rounds of Punch. That's been the only FTF so far.

I had to paint the front sight orange because I couldn't friggin' see the front sight...

My 407K arrived late yesterday. I'll head over to the indoor range this afternoon and get it sighted in.

An interesting aside. I carry my G19 AIWB in a Dale Fricke Archangel with the Red Dot hood. The TX 22 Compact actually fits, and fits well.
    I ran it in some drills at the outdoor range yesterday (before the 407K arrived). I don't intend to "carry" the TX22 but this is a good thing for my outdoor range practice sessions.

Seriously considering shoot the Steel Challenge matches (at my outdoor range) with it.

Really looking forward to getting the 407K dialed in.

Name:  TX 22 RDS 1.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  31.2 KB

Name:  TX 22 RDS 2.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  58.1 KB

I'm just loading the mag like I load centerfire mags and haven't had a problem. Thumbing them in from the top. Not using the rimfire mag tab to pull the follower down.

But dang bra, this might be one of the best "walk backs" I've ever shot and with these crappyish irons. Just a crazy shootable little peashooter!

Name:  12 July TX22 compact walkback.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  38.4 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm just loading the mag like I load centerfire mags and haven't had a problem. Thumbing them in from the top. Not using the rimfire mag tab to pull the follower down.

But dang bra, this might be one of the best "walk backs" I've ever shot and with these crappyish irons. Just a crazy shootable little peashooter!

Name:  12 July TX22 compact walkback.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  38.4 KB
    Some nice shooting there. 100% couldn't do this with irons

I’m surprised people are having to download their mags, from day one I’ve just used the cheap little loading tool provided with the gun and have had 100% reliability with full 13 round mags. Not including dud rounds of course, you’re always gonna get a few of those.

But I have close to 3500 rounds through mine with a variety of cheap bulk 22 and it has run great from day one with all five mags I have loaded to 13.

Also have a full size TX22 with 6000 rounds fired again using the tool loading 16 never an issue with reliability. What I have noticed in the last 1000 rounds is the slide is not locking back, may be that the mag springs have lost tension or the slide stop itself. Because it happens with all 7 16 round mags I have. I’ll use the 16 rounders in the c, if they lock back the c. I’ll know it’s the gun and not the mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

I am just under 1000 rds of a variety of .22, including bulk .22, through my TX 22 Compact. I have had 1 "dud" round (Federal Automatch) and exactly 1 FTF out of 50 rounds of Punch. That's been the only FTF so far.
    I remain incredibly impressed with this TX22 Compact.

I'm at 1825 rounds as of yesterday. I've probably had a dozen or so Fail to Fire, mostly from the 650 rounds of old (2010? Federal Automatch) and general bulk .22 RF.
    The only Fail to Feed was the Punch round mentioned above.

I was curious as to whether mounting the 407 would affect reliability or not. As this platform was designed with an optic in mind I didn't think it would make any difference, and it didn't.

The only "maintenance" I've done was to soak the barrel in CLP after a range session, brush and swab it out the next morning and keep the slide lubed.

OK, I'm convinced. Taurus done good!

I remain impressed with this setup.

I just went over 4500 rounds yesterday...maybe 5K? Anyway, this little auto just keeps running...and running.
    The 407 is a great combo.
    And it fits my Dale Fricke AIWB holster well.

I shot better than 400 rounds on steel yesterday. No malfunctions of any kind. Old Winchester black colored bulk pac stuff.

I have had a few ammo related failures to fire. Those rounds wouldn't even light off in my LCR .22...so they were indeed duds.

Awesome affordable little .22.

Site Supporter
    I remain impressed with mine. The subcompact came home today, but the other 2 have been amazingly reliable, shootable, and fun.

I"m really looking forward to trying out Steel Challenge this year.

User Tag List