Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taurus tx22 range report

Another option would be a blem dagger lower (assuming they fit the advantage arms) which i think is about 60 bucks (plus the 25 transfer fee so 85 without shipping) and a advantage arms kit would be under 500 without an optic.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Advantage arms glock conversion kit works with red dots
    Are you talking their optic cut slide or their older models, with you would have to use a dovetail mount?
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Are you talking their optic cut slide or their older models, with you would have to use a dovetail mount?

Their new optic cut slides run well

Thanks for the updates. I looked at the TX22's each time I go to Bi-Mart but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Thanks! Have an older kit, contacted them about buying an optic slide, they are not sold separately.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

How’s the trigger on these. Short enough reach to teach kids to shoot?

I would say yes. My 12 year daughter has shot it. The grip is pretty small at least on the compact.

I have a couple of shooting buddies that work at my local indoor range.
    I shoot there at least once a week, usually more as I'm mostly retired.

I need an affordable understudy for my RDS G19 and I'm really intrigued by this gun. This range sees a high volume of shooters and has a very busy rental counter. The Taurus TX 22 reportedly has the least amount of issues (feeding and firing a variety of .22 ammo) out of the several .22's in their rental inventory. They get shot a lot, so that says something to me.

I have no plans to carry this gun, but want to but a RDS on it and to figure out an AIWB holster setup as well.
    I may shoot some local steel matches with it as an aside. But I do want a dedicated .22 so this one looks like it's fill that bill.

They don't have the TX .22 C in stock though. But it's only a bit over $300.00 ordered through their mothership website.

I ran across Rhett's video that @JHC linked (Thank you) a few days ago. Always great info on Rhett's channel.

@Grouse870, is your TX22 C still meeting your expectations? I realize it's only been a few months, but thought I'd ask.
    And thanks for the head's up on .22 Punch from both you and @jetfire

Yes. It is still meeting my expectations. I think it would be a worthwhile understudy.

I bought a Taurus TX22 Competition model and put a Crimson Trace RAD Open Reflex Pistol Sight on it. A friend has a gun with this exact setup. I shot it and liked it. Since I have found myself taking a lot of new shooters shooting, I thought this would be a fun and easy gun to shoot for them. It averages about one malfunction every 50-70 rounds. It is typically a failure to feed where the tip of the bullet gets caught up on the feed ramp. This is not counting situations where the round does not make it out of the magazine.

When loading the TX22 magazines I have found that you have to pull the follower tab down a little bit and singly load a round, then make sure that the round is all the way back with the base of the round against the rear of the magazine, and then pull the follower tab down a little bit and drop another round in. You cannot pull the follower tab all the way down and drop the rounds in like you can with a Ruger MK II and such because some of the rounds might not position well and might fail to feed and not come out of the magazine at all. Hopefully my explanation makes sense.

Here is a picture of my TX22 below my Wilson Beretta Brigadier:

Name:  Guns Beretta and TX22 - Copy.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  53.9 KB

User Tag List