Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida: DeSantis signs Constitutional Carry bill into law

Site Supporter

Florida: DeSantis signs Constitutional Carry bill into law

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

And my state just passed a "sensitive places" bill. yay

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

Does it show on the chart where it hurts?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    What we will see is solid Red states passing pro RKBA bills and solid Blues doing CCIA and AWB type laws with purples fighting it out, driven at times by moral panics. The sorting out is predictable.

In the Reds, the urban areas will probably protest as there will be protests after horror shows. Compromise is difficult due to an absolute moral tribalism driving the extreme positions.

Whether Bruen will eventually turn back the blue state laws remains to be seen. Scotus isn't a ball of fire when dealing with bad laws. Heller never changed much in NYS. Cue me yelling at clouds and Clarence apologists praising his wisdom.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Does it show on the chart where it hurts?
    yup. it hurts anywhere outside my home

What additional states do we think have a strong shot of passing permitless carry legislation? Nebraska and Louisiana would be my two guesses for who is going next. I don’t know how many others have a realistic chance. South Carolina maybe?

you know what, I live here and even I didn't know this was coming until something like 2 days ago, and even then it was only because I was served up some wailing and gnashing of teeth "news".

So what, I don't have to renew/have my CWP anymore?

I assume there's still a benefit to having it, like reciprocity type stuff, no waiting for 3-99 days, etc.?

But I'm also guessing it means I don't need to be quite so concerned that I left a gun somewhere that might jam my wife up (she still hasn't gotten her permit).
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Outstanding. Another reason to live in Florida.

Well, less the Alligators. And the cockroaches. And the Hurricanes. And July. And August. Oh and June. Ok well other than that, it's great!

I love it when my more left leaning friends start clutching their pearls when this happens. They have no idea we've had constitutional carry for at least a decade here and CCW permits for years before that. I point out, there's been no blood running in the streets, lamination by the women, etc. It's pretty much been business as usual. It's laughable when they then get that vapor locked look on their face, because they have no rational response. Then, when the hive mind reasserts its self, it's usually something akin to, "But, but........ the children........!"
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List