Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Florida: DeSantis signs Constitutional Carry bill into law

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Attachment 103255

I wonder what states will go next?
    I think joshs mentioned something about LA and Gov Edwards being the sticking point. I can't comment on the Carolinas. Nebraska? New Mexico seems like a long-ish shot.

The remaining states seem like a snowball's chance in hell. Actually, I'd think the snowball has better odds.

It's really permitless, not constitutional. While it's a step in the right direction, there are still benefits to having FL CWL. Besides the points made earlier, the new bill makes no mention of knives. Knife law in Florida isn't the greatest. Having CWL allows one to carry whatever knife/auto, etc, as long as it's concealed along with other.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I think joshs mentioned something about LA and Gov Edwards being the sticking point. I can't comment on the Carolinas. Nebraska? New Mexico seems like a long-ish shot.

The remaining states seem like a snowball's chance in hell. Actually, I'd think the snowball has better odds.
    NM has a veto-proof Dem legislature and a very anti-gun governor. Long shot is a huge understatement.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    What additional states do we think have a strong shot of passing permitless carry legislation? Nebraska and Louisiana would be my two guesses for who is going next. I don’t know how many others have a realistic chance. South Carolina maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I think joshs mentioned something about LA and Gov Edwards being the sticking point.
    This is the case. The legislature sent it to him and he vetoed it. Even if it passes again and does get signed into law, and I hope it does, I'll keep mine for reciprocity purposes.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    This is the case. The legislature sent it to him and he vetoed it. Even if it passes again and does get signed into law, and I hope it does, I'll keep mine for reciprocity purposes.
    How much longer is Gov. Edwards in office?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Likewise when I hike the community trails when I'm back in FL.
    Yup, and in Ohio losing the hard card is a colossal PITA. Once on a bike ride I toted my DL (I had had some health issues, wanted to be identifiable), when I got home I realized those were the shorts with a hole in the pocket. Fortunately it was just my DL, and even better someone found it and was nice enough to just mail it to me anonymously, wonder if they woulda with a CHL.

So now if I am at a walk in the park or riding the cycle path the full wallet and CHL can just stay safe at home.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    How much longer is Gov. Edwards in office?
    Until this October. The next governor will probably be a Republican; Edwards is term-limited and can't run again and is one of the few remaining conservative Democrats in the US.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    you know what, I live here and even I didn't know this was coming until something like 2 days ago, and even then it was only because I was served up some wailing and gnashing of teeth "news".

So what, I don't have to renew/have my CWP anymore?

I assume there's still a benefit to having it, like reciprocity type stuff, no waiting for 3-99 days, etc.?

But I'm also guessing it means I don't need to be quite so concerned that I left a gun somewhere that might jam my wife up (she still hasn't gotten her permit).
    I'd keep it just for reciprocity.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    No idea whether FL will allow permit holders to carry in some places where permitless carry is prohibited..
    No substantive change to the list of off-limits places (FS 790.06 (12)); just an addition to an earlier section that says non-licensees who carry are subject to the same list of places as licensees. I don't really see any effort to change that succeeding.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    you know what, I live here and even I didn't know this was coming until something like 2 days ago, and even then it was only because I was served up some wailing and gnashing of teeth "news".

So what, I don't have to renew/have my CWP anymore?

I assume there's still a benefit to having it, like reciprocity type stuff, no waiting for 3-99 days, etc.?

But I'm also guessing it means I don't need to be quite so concerned that I left a gun somewhere that might jam my wife up (she still hasn't gotten her permit).
    Correct on all of the above.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Outstanding. Another reason to live in Florida.

Well, less the Alligators. And the cockroaches. And the Hurricanes. And July. And August. Oh and June. Ok well other than that, it's great!
    I'd have to disagree with any of those things being reasons to not live in Florida. It's sort of like the opposite of Alaska in many ways. Lots of big scary looking critters here but most all of them want nothing to do with you outside of rare instances of harm. My biggest concern is actually the few venomous snake species we have locally but think it would be hard to really encounter these outside of trekking in the woods or at the edge of a body of water.

The heat and humidity can really suck but there's such a thing as roasted barley tea (which really does work to take the sting out of this period) if one looks to the ingenuity of the asians and their history of using this. Also, air conditioning is the thing that makes it OK. In FL, most people live indoors year round so it doesn't serve to keep the idiots out anymore. I can attest though that without taking measures like this the humidity is surely a thing that can just decimate your ability to function over the summer.

A couple summers ago I spent a summer in a travel trailer with no A/C about a stones throw from where the inventor lived who invented air conditioning and refrigeration. This is NW Florida and after that period of my life I can now understand what would have possessed a man to stop at nothing to produce such things. I don't know how but the weather there seemed to be so much harder to handle than what you get in the Tampa area (where I now reside).

User Tag List