Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I have this sudden urge to buy a rifle

Site Supporter
    So, I did a thing and put a bid on a rifle. I was iffy about it until the last possible second, actually had it on my watchlist and forgot about it, then randomly checked my email and GB was saying that it was ending soon. So by the time I clicked on the link, it had less than 1 minute to go. Hmmmmm.....how much less than 1 minute? So I farted around for probably 67 seconds and then finally was like, whatever, auction is probably over anyway, I'll just a put a bid on it for the fun of it to say that I did.

Have you guessed what happened yet? Yep. The auction auto-renewed and I put a bid on it at the very BEGINNING of the next 1 week auction. Roll eyes! Here it is in case anybody wants to take it from me....I think it might be a bit much for a ZKK-602 Magnum action, but I accidentally fell in love with that multi-leaf rear sight setup a little too much, and I've always wanted a .375 H&H. If I lose it, I won't cry. I promised myself a DWX this year anyway, and I keep waiting on a P-F consensus on it before I buy...crickets on the DWX means I might be the guinea pig on one if I don't end up with this 602.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1004758869

Good luck on the auction, @Welder !

It’s a handsome rifle.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Once you win this, you will need to plan a trip to Africa. This is going to get expensive.

That .375 is nice.

My suggestion would be a Ruger No. 1 in 45-70.
    Beautiful to look at, can launch big slugs slow if you want, or not. Very short for barrel length due to the action.

I do have one so I'm biased.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    That .375 is nice.

My suggestion would be a Ruger No. 1 in 45-70.
    Beautiful to look at, can launch big slugs slow if you want, or not. Very short for barrel length due to the action.

I do have one so I'm biased.
    And I think your suggestion would be awesome! But I kind of beat it to the punch a few years back; I've got a No. 1 in .450/400.

OK, then you could go the other direction. Like a 22-250 or 220 Swift in a classic old rifle. Those prairie dogs aren't going to kill themselves

OK, then you could go the other direction. Like a 22-250 or 220 Swift in a classic old rifle. Those prairie dogs aren't going to kill themselves

Got a No 1 in .218 Bee.

Fun to shoot!

Site Supporter
    Looks like I'm good to start shopping for .375 H&H stuff.... taking a trip to the bank for a money order this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Looks like I'm good to start shopping for .375 H&H stuff.... taking a trip to the bank for a money order this afternoon.

Are you looking for bullets? I think I sold all the brass I had but may have some bullets left.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Those prairie dogs aren't going to kill themselves
    They said the same thing about Epstein…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List