Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Platypus 2011 that takes Glock mags now out in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by Archimagirus View Post
    If you go through the configurator on the website, you can specify an ambi safety.
    No kidding. I checked the site a week or two ago and the ambi was "forthcoming". I will have to check again.

The only thing that's giving me pause about buying one of these is that I'm hesitant about direct milling for a specific optic. I've done that with Glocks and regretted it. If the Platypus used an optic plate system I'd buy one right now.

Since it uses Glock mags, I’m curious if it utilizes the brilliant, but often overlooked over insertion ledge / stop..?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Since it uses Glock mags, I’m curious if it utilizes the brilliant, but often overlooked over insertion ledge / stop..?
    That’s a good question. Does it really take Glock mags if you can’t use 33rd happy sticks?

The holes in the sides of the slide don't agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    The holes in the sides of the slide don't agree with me.
    Same. I have never liked the "swiss cheese" look of many of todays slides.

BUT, the base model of this gun is a plain black 1911 slide with forward serrations. It is very traditional and tasteful looking.

This gun intrigues me as well. As someone pointed out earlier, a P320 mag version is even more appealing to me as it would keep the traditional 1911 grip angle as GOD and JMB intended. I can only assume this is a 1911 with a glock grip angle to accommodate the glock mag.

Still, I want this gun to succeed.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    As someone pointed out earlier, a P320 mag version is even more appealing to me as it would keep the traditional 1911 grip angle as GOD and JMB intended. I can only assume this is a 1911 with a glock grip angle to accommodate the glock mag.
    Stealth Arms states it maintains the 1911 grip angle with Glock mags. Reports from various YT and Reddit sources confirm this.

Its the only reason this thing has my attention away from a DWX. I don't like some parts are proprietary in the slide but, if it runs then I'm in.

I live about 20 miles away from Stealth Arms here in west central Ohio. I hope this company and their pistol line do well going forward. *If* I were to get a 1911 hi-cap 9mm pistol today (and I am not) *I* would probably get a Dan Wesson DWX Compact and put a low mounted Aimpoint ACRO P2 RDS on it, and I would also change out the red trigger shoe for a black one. To *me* and my hand size the ergo's of the DWX's grip frame is hard to beat and Dan Wesson has been around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    That’s a good question. Does it really take Glock mags if you can’t use 33rd happy sticks?
    Several videos have shown the Playtpus happily firing happy sticks, even managing to work well with the cheapo ETS versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Same. I have never liked the "swiss cheese" look of many of todays slides.

BUT, the base model of this gun is a plain black 1911 slide with forward serrations. It is very traditional and tasteful looking.

This gun intrigues me as well. As someone pointed out earlier, a P320 mag version is even more appealing to me as it would keep the traditional 1911 grip angle as GOD and JMB intended. I can only assume this is a 1911 with a glock grip angle to accommodate the glock mag.

Still, I want this gun to succeed.
    The Glock grip angle is largely a function of the big hump in the backstrap.

LoneWolfs 'humpless' Timberwolf 2 frame has a somewhat between 1911 and CZ grip angle, as an example.

If there was anything I would want from a 'Glock Gen 6' it would be a frame that allows for actually removable backstraps that allow users to tailor the grip angle to their natural fit.

User Tag List