Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Platypus 2011 that takes Glock mags now out in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    If you've had a chance to handle a Platypus, please let us know the specifics underlying your general opinion.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    Some people have been on my ignore list for a long time now, for reasons. It's a useful tool, but it gets subverted by quotes.

Grr.
    Nothing comes up for me on their configuration page. I see "Presets" and "Customize" but a click does not produce anything. Am I being discriminated against because I use an iMac?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I like the idea of the Platypus, but I am not sure the reality makes much sense. I get the advantage of the Glock's ubiquity, but the number of magazine variants may work against the Platypus's performance. There are a lot of different Glock magazines out there, both factory versions and aftermarket offerings. I bet some of then are not compatible with the Platypus. Then we get into the machining and finish options. Way too many of both for a new product launch.

The SA Prodigy launch made much more sense to me. Use a good magazine manufacturer and keep the number of initial SKUs low. That allows one to focus on solving issues, which admittedly the Prodigy has/had with recoil spring weight. Wilson did much the same with the EDC X9 line which now has many more variants than it did at launch.

As for the Platypus, I have a decent investment in 2011 magazines in both 9mm and .40 having been using the platform for the last twenty years. For me, not too much advantage with the new offering. For a shooter new to the 2011 marketplace, the idea makes a ton of sense as good 2011 magazines have always been pricey. The issue with the 2011 has always been magazines. Both quality and being designed around the .45 ACP. After learning STI "handcrafted" each magazine, the reputation for hit-or-miss performance and the need to tune makes sense. I have also been told that MBX has shipped some magazines with tubes that are not square. So the 2011 magazine issue is not in the past. It is still best to spend for known good magazines.

2000rd review from random, but he says was reliable with multiple types of ammo:

Follow up comment from a Redditor who has one:

Really hoping we some someone like Honest Outlaw or Aaron Cowan get one soon for more legit testing.

But other than the finish options so far all these random reports have been positive.

Looks like the humble marksman just got a platypus. So at least it seems to be making its rounds to bigger channels
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    Looks like the humble marksman just got a platypus. So at least it seems to be making its rounds to bigger channels
    Nice, just saw that on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stealtharms...lly_showed_up/

His looks good, and bit more tasteful color scheme. No problem with the finish.

Trigger may be Perry the Platypus motif

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    As a Glock guy this has piqued my interest for the example given. I'm not going to beta test, but if it pans out I just may get to scratch my 2011 itch.
    Same, following with interest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Grr.
    Nothing comes up for me on their configuration page. I see "Presets" and "Customize" but a click does not produce anything. Am I being discriminated against because I use an iMac?
    Are you on Safari?

I'm using a MacBook, but I'm using Firefox (after getting sick of websites not playing well with Safari), and no problems here.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Until they make a model with an ambi safety, I am firmly in the no way catagory.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by penates View Post
    Until they make a model with an ambi safety, I am firmly in the no way catagory.
    If you go through the configurator on the website, you can specify an ambi safety.

User Tag List