Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Platypus 2011 that takes Glock mags now out in the wild

I am impressed with the number of positive reviews, particularly considering the combination of price point and "Glockteen-eleven" nature of the gun.

The full-rail aluminum Commander is just about exactly what I would be looking for in a 9mm 1911. We are suffering an embarrassment of riches in today's world. I let myself fall down the OZ9 rabbit hole, and LTT is offering dots for USPs and all the 92 variants, annnd now this thing arrives and appears well-reviewed.

If anyone gets one, please post pics so that this member of the peanut gallery can sigh wistfully.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Some more Platypus content for morale

Not sure how I feel about Cerakote being the only finish option. I’m holding out for a PVD/DLC option.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Very favorable review of the Platypus. However he notes that the lack of a polymer grip makes it transfer more shock to the hand compared to polymer gripped 2011's.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Very favorable review of the Platypus. However he notes that the lack of a polymer grip makes it transfer more shock to the hand compared to polymer gripped 2011's.
    9mm hand shock. Clearly, people are getting softer as the years pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    9mm hand shock. Clearly, people are getting softer as the years pass.
    For some of us it’s the mileage AND the age!🤣
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Pity, I sold my Glock and its several magazines.
    Guess I will have to just shoot my STI.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Some old farts around here are all excited by the gun. I asked why because we are a 10 round state. They said it had a great trigger. That's a lot of money for a trigger.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 07-24-2023 at 12:50 PM.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Some old farts around here are all excited by the gun. I asked why because we are a 10 round state. They said it had a great trigger. That's a lot of money for a trigger.

If someone likes all the things a Platypus brings to the market and wants to carry it, rock on. I just want people to have a reliable, accurate sidearm, that is well maintained, with good training under their belt. In a 10 round state, I would be more drawn to a single stack 1911 with a 10 round mag but to each their own.

I’m interested because I’m in a 10 rd state as well but have Glock preban mags…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

User Tag List