Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P30SK keeps dropping mags.. advice?

I'm going to try one more thing: change the grips.

Currently I have the medium backstrap and side plates. I'll switch 'em out with size large and see what that does. Maybe also try a combo of large backstrap and medium sideplates

For the record, I wear XL-XXL gloves, but my hands are long and skinny, not fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Singh View Post
    I'm going to try one more thing: change the grips.

Currently I have the medium backstrap and side plates. I'll switch 'em out with size large and see what that does. Maybe also try a combo of large backstrap and medium sideplates

For the record, I wear XL-XXL gloves, but my hands are long and skinny, not fat.
    Long fingers - my guess is trigger finger hits the release on trigger break.

I could JCN the thing and go at the paddle release with a dremel tool.

The dremel tool is looking pretty tempting right now..
    FIFY

I regularly (usually at least once a mag) had the same issue with the P30 I briefly had, and any HK with long paddles. The USP/P2000 nub paddle causes no problems. I was unwilling to completely relearn my grip/risk it happening with an imperfect grip, and accepted that I’m limited to nub paddles or button releases in the HK realm.

Trigger finger likely contacting the mag release during recoil. I had this issue with the HK45. Install the large back strap to help pull your finger away from the trigger. Fire the pistol using the distal phalanx. Avoid wrapping finger around trigger. Willing to bet mag doesn’t drop under these conditions.

I'll try medium sideplates and the large backstrap. Will report later this week.

UPDATE: sorry for the late response, but it took me a few weeks to get back to the range.

I kept the medium side plates on and installed the large backstrap.

200 rounds fired in under an hour. I wanted to get fatigued so it would increase the possibility of inducing the mag-drop error.

Result: no errors so far. The mag did not drop.

Question: how many total rounds should I put through the gun to consider the issue resolved? 500..1,000...2,000?

Question: how many total rounds should I put through the gun to consider the issue resolved? 500..1,000...2,000?
    In general, 200 trouble-free rounds is a reasonable minimum.

You've already achieved that, but the real answer is however many rounds it takes for you to have confidence in that pistol in your hands.

There are no perfect firearms that never break or malfunction, however, one size does not fit all.

Be honest with yourself and carry on.

I kept the medium side plates on and installed the large backstrap.
    In this 10mm field pistol thread by GJM a larger backstrap was the solution to premature slide lock on Gen 5 Glocks for some shooters large hands

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....d-G5-20/page22

Site Supporter
    How difficult would it be to use a dremel to reduce the mag release size without breaking the release?

User Tag List