Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Staccato C2 vs Glock? Talk me into or out of one.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I stopped telling people to just get a glock. I think it holds certain people back from experimenting what works for them and reaching another level of proficiency with their firearm.
    Makes sense. Shot a glock 19 just fine for like 20 years

Went back recently for a range day for fun, shot it fine similiar or better numbers than a p365 macro but the shooting experience felt horrid and I get hand cramps with g19 at 150 rounds or so (I do have small hands).

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Honestly get a Glock and learn how to use it. You can't purchase skill through equipment. Sure you will have some cool boy bragging rights but that doesn't translate to Jack in a gunfight. You could purchase 2 Glocks (2 is one and one is none.) and plenty of practice ammo for the price of one Staccato.
    Quoted for emphasis. I have given Glock vs Staccato a lot of thought over the last few months because my agency has a handgun personal purchase policy drafted but not approved yet. We are issued Glock 17’s. I had heard so much about the Staccato that I thought it was going to blow my mind when I finally got to shoot one. Instead I thought, “Eh, it’s a pistol.” The amount of money it would take me to have a bare minimum of a duty gun, off duty gun, extra mags, holsters, etc would be expensive and a distraction from ACTUALLY PRACTICING with what I have. I am sure there are certain situations where a 2011 would be an advantage. I am also certain there are times where a Glock would be preferable.

Also, when I see a dude absolutely shred with a stock Glock, I realize I am nowhere near the potential of that gun. The solution to that is more practice not a huge distraction in the form of new gun rabbit hole.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8O0HVmBYHm0
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

I went through a litany of carry guns, which stopped when I got the Wilson EDC X9. I know, not a Staccato, but similar concept in a gun that’s close in size to a G19, but just shoots better, and is easier to shoot.

Up until 2020, I shot a LOT. Then that took a drastic change. Now when I get a range day, I take my three last candidates, a G4 G19, 92G compact, and the X9. By the end of the day I running them close to same. However, cold, I’m doing way better with the X9.

My point being, get the Staccato and stick with it. (I know this thread is several months old, and although I read each post, I may have missed if the OP made a final decision).

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    We all agree it’s not the arrow, it’s the Indian, but the straighter the arrow, the better the Indian can shoot.
    That’s prime Signature material right there.

User Tag List