Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C2 vs Glock? Talk me into or out of one.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I've owned and shot Glocks since the first G19 hit the LGS shelf in Tacoma, WA, back when I was still a real man (Infantry type). I've switched out from them to 1911s, S&W 3rd Gens, Sig P-series, HK USPs, P2000s, P30s, S&W M&Ps, 2011s, Berettas, CZs, and a crap ton of other snowflakes. When all was said and done, my primary duty gun was a G19 (Gen5 MOS) until I retired. Since then, I've moved to the P365XL as my primary carry, because it's a whole lot easier to hump around than the G19, and it shoots at 85-95% of what I can do with the G19 on every drill I've shot.

I've owned or extensivley shot the Staccato C, C2, and P. They are all a million times easier to shoot at a high level than the GLOCK, especially since injuries to my left hand and wrist have left me with significantly reduced grip strength and range of motion in that wrist. If I was looking for a SHOOTING gun, I'd take the Staccato every single time. But they're large, heavy, and require a lot more attention to maintenance than the G19.

I bought a Springfield Prodigy several months ago, hoping to scratch the Staccato itch, and it's OK. But, after my Lenten "no guns" vow is lifted, I'll probably be selling it to fund the P DPO that I really want.

I can actually kind of relate to this. I went through all the stages. Sig, HK, CZ, 1911, M&P etc. always ended up back at a Glock. And I just dont like tiny gun. I wish I did and everyone should prob have one. But I just prefer to carry a G19 size or up gun. I really looked hard at the new Macro size 365s. And they seem super cool. But my past experience with Sigs just keeps me from getting another one. Could be completely irrational but I feel like your rolling the dice with polymer Sigs.

One reason I was considering a C2 is they only weigh 2ozs more than a G19 and are basically the same size. But decisions decisions I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RDT806 View Post
    One reason I was considering a C2 is they only weigh 2ozs more than a G19 and are basically the same size. But decisions decisions I guess.
    Well, yes and know. GENERALLY the same size - but with a grip more like G17 length, and significantly wider than either GLOCK. I wouldn't carry a Staccato C2 concealed - the shorter slide doesn't really do much to help hide their YUGE grip.

If you shoot GLOCKs well, I'd save the $1500 or so, buy a crap ton of ammo, then train, train, train.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Well, yes and know. GENERALLY the same size - but with a grip more like G17 length, and significantly wider than either GLOCK. I wouldn't carry a Staccato C2 concealed - the shorter slide doesn't really do much to help hide their YUGE grip.

If you shoot GLOCKs well, I'd save the $1500 or so, buy a crap ton of ammo, then train, train, train.
    All true. But the slide is narrower and thats all that’s below the belt. I dont really care about printing. But I agree that a Glock is still all around easier to carry. Not sure exactly why. But they are. And yes I could spend the difference on ammo. I dont like stock glocks. I have to have grip work and a dot. But still significantly less expensive.

Site Supporter
    So Ive been somewhat of a Glock fanboi for a few years and love them. Ive had many other guns. Sigs, CZs, 1911 etc. But always seem to gravitate back to a Glock with grip work and a dot. However in the last couple of years my wife had bought me both a LTT Beretta and a Staccato P DPO. And they are both awesome. I recently sold my beloved and tricked out G19x to a friend. And am on the hunt for another gun.

Im torn to say the least. On one hand I want to just do a Glock MOS, send it to my frame work guy and slap and dot on it and go. But then I look at my Staccato. Its so nice and shoots so good. But the steel frame P is a little bit of a chunk to carry all of the time. And before anyone mentions it. Im not a small gun guy. So not interested in G43s or P365s .

But the C2 DPO has been sitting in my cart ready to purchase for a couple of days now. And I just cant make up my mind. I do know that there are many serious shooter on this forum and that a lot of you have gone in and out of multiple platforms over the years. So Id like opinions from this forum. What to do?
    Am confused. Why did you sell a “beloved … G19x” to anyone?

(Looks in safe at G19X sitting next to a 92A1 which is next to a “few” 4” Kframes and sundry other things)

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Am confused. Why did you sell a “beloved … G19x” to anyone?

(Looks in safe at G19X sitting next to a 92A1 which is next to a “few” 4” Kframes and sundry other things)
    He always loved that gun. And he’s moving away. So I made him a deal. And its an excuse to go gun shopping lol.

All true. But the slide is narrower and thats all that’s below the belt. I dont really care about printing. But I agree that a Glock is still all around easier to carry. Not sure exactly why. But they are. And yes I could spend the difference on ammo. I dont like stock glocks. I have to have grip work and a dot. But still significantly less expensive.
    Do you want information or affirmation?

Info: The C2 will do the same thing as a Glock-launch bullets.
    Affirmation (not really, but it's the best I can do): quit acting like a woman in a shoe store and buy the fucking thing.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    I think the mindset of either/or is flawed. Get the Glock. Buy holsters. Buy mags. Practice. Then buy whatever else you want. Play around with Option B, but do not sell your Glock stuff. I picked Glock without trying any other platform, and it's been fine for me. However, because of fear of missing out, I've messed around with a bunch of other platforms. I never progressed all the way to carrying them or shooting a match with them, but I like to think I learned something from them.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I think the mindset of either/or is flawed. Get the Glock. Buy holsters. Buy mags. Practice. Then buy whatever else you want. Play around with Option B, but do not sell your Glock stuff. I picked Glock without trying any other platform, and it's been fine for me. However, because of fear of missing out, I've messed around with a bunch of other platforms. I never progressed all the way to carrying them or shooting a match with them, but I like to think I learned something from them.
    For a few decades, Glock has been my core system, and I have every imaginable related piece of support gear for the Glock family. However, I dabble in all sorts of other handguns as my interest varies, but always keep Glocks, as they are the one handgun appliance that I always want to have available.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I bought a C2 last year admittedly due to all the social media hype after being a 'glock guy' for years. I love it and already started selling off my glocks. If you have a P tho I'd look at the CS. I wear large gloves and have long fingers, no jokes lol, and can still get a full grip on the CS and it doesn't feel any harsher to shoot. I bought a P for duty use and can imagine buying the CS for concealed carry in the not too distant future.

Early to mid 2000s, we hosted a Glock Class (Armorers Class and a several day Instructor Workshop)

Back then I was carrying my SW PC CQB 45 on duty (we were not allowed 1911 carry by that Chief) and I kept poking the bear (The Glock Instructor).

I kept asking to shoot my SW in the Glock class and for the most part he would ignore me. He was a jokester and once a SW employee.

Maybe day 2 or 3, we had just got back from lunch, and I asked one more time. He said go get your Smith. I slapped on my duty rig, and the duty carry at the time SW CQB 45 (my handle)

We were standing on the road/parking area of our range which consisted of grass/dirt and rock.

His gun was a ratty ol G35.

I asked, what's the drill, IIRC.... I said shots at 100. again, poking the bear.

Without missing a beat, he said unload your gun and that he will go first.

He unloaded his G35 and grabbed it on the muzzle and chunked it hard down the road. It was about a 15 yard toss and his Glock bounced on the rocks several times.

He said your turn. I told him you win. Everyone was laughing and I walked back to my car with my tail between my legs and swapped back to a Glock rig. He wiped off the dirt/debris on his Glock, loaded it and put it back in his holster.

I figured this story fits as it might show you another difference between the two guns.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List