Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Staccato C2 vs Glock? Talk me into or out of one.

After(civilian) carrying a P2000 LEM for several years I bought a Staccato C based on the 150K+ rounds I've sent down range with my competition 9mm 1911. The P2000 LEM was a great choice as my first concealed carry, but I wasn't shooting it enough to maintain real proficiency with the trigger. If the "C" had a near full-size (length) grip it would still be my EDC. Sold it, bought a C2 and transitioned to AIWB; I couldn't be happier. The CS might be a better choice for hip carry, but the C2 is very easy for me to conceal appendix.

I'd have to handle a CS to see if the grip size would work for me, but one recent observation at the range has led me to believe that I certainly should not carry a single stack. When I draw a concealed gun I have a fully-established strong hand grip out of the holster; I've found that with single stacks that doesn't really leave enough room to establish a solid support hand grip. This isn't an issue with double stacks. If I could buy a single stack 1911 with a double stack grip size I'd be GTG.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    After(civilian) If I could buy a single stack 1911 with a double stack grip size I'd be GTG.
    My dream gun.
    Have you had a chance to shoot the CZ DWX compact? I got the chance to handle one at a LGS. I was surprised how thin it felt. At least it has removable grips. Maybe some palm swell grips would fix that.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I shot my Gen 5 G17 in a recent one day class. I've been experimenting with the Glock because my usual training gun is a 5" 1911 in .45. There was a guy in the class with a Staccato CS and I tried it. It was a nice piece but it didn't get close to the, I must have one of these. I much prefer to grip size of a single stack 1911 with standard thickness grips. I didn't do any back and forth between my G17 and the Staccato. I did not care for the Staccato's feel in my hand. Perhaps I was expecting more of a 1911ish feel. Felt like a brick. When I heard how much the Staccoto mags go for that really turned me off.

Honestly get a Glock and learn how to use it. You can't purchase skill through equipment. Sure you will have some cool boy bragging rights but that doesn't translate to Jack in a gunfight. You could purchase 2 Glocks (2 is one and one is none.) and plenty of practice ammo for the price of one Staccato.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    After(civilian) carrying a P2000 LEM for several years I bought a Staccato C based on the 150K+ rounds I've sent down range with my competition 9mm 1911. The P2000 LEM was a great choice as my first concealed carry, but I wasn't shooting it enough to maintain real proficiency with the trigger. If the "C" had a near full-size (length) grip it would still be my EDC. Sold it, bought a C2 and transitioned to AIWB; I couldn't be happier. The CS might be a better choice for hip carry, but the C2 is very easy for me to conceal appendix.

I'd have to handle a CS to see if the grip size would work for me, but one recent observation at the range has led me to believe that I certainly should not carry a single stack. When I draw a concealed gun I have a fully-established strong hand grip out of the holster; I've found that with single stacks that doesn't really leave enough room to establish a solid support hand grip. This isn't an issue with double stacks. If I could buy a single stack 1911 with a double stack grip size I'd be GTG.
    That would be a Beretta 92 with VZ/LTT/Wilson/Trausch ultra-thin grips....

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    My dream gun.
    Have you had a chance to shoot the CZ DWX compact? I got the chance to handle one at a LGS. I was surprised how thin it felt. At least it has removable grips. Maybe some palm swell grips would fix that.
    No I havent. I held one once. Thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I shot my Gen 5 G17 in a recent one day class. I've been experimenting with the Glock because my usual training gun is a 5" 1911 in .45. There was a guy in the class with a Staccato CS and I tried it. It was a nice piece but it didn't get close to the, I must have one of these. I much prefer to grip size of a single stack 1911 with standard thickness grips. I didn't do any back and forth between my G17 and the Staccato. I did not care for the Staccato's feel in my hand. Perhaps I was expecting more of a 1911ish feel. Felt like a brick. When I heard how much the Staccoto mags go for that really turned me off.

Honestly get a Glock and learn how to use it. You can't purchase skill through equipment. Sure you will have some cool boy bragging rights but that doesn't translate to Jack in a gunfight. You could purchase 2 Glocks (2 is one and one is none.) and plenty of practice ammo for the price of one Staccato.
    Oh yeah I have a Staccato P and I agree about the grip. Its not my favorite either. Much prefer my 1911s and my Elite LTT in that regard. And Ive shot glocks for years. Have two with dots. I mostly carry an Agency 19 with a RMR.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    That would be a Beretta 92 with VZ/LTT/Wilson/Trausch ultra-thin grips....

Best, Jon
    My Elite LTT 92 has some of the best ergos Ive ever felt.

In this crowd i dont think its about purchasing skill. Its about having a tool with a higher performance threshold. We all agree its not the arrow, its the indian, but the straighter the arrow, the better the indian can shoot.

What if you have the means for 2 Stacatto's, ammo and training? Should you instead get 4 glocks, ammo and training? My point being that not everyones reality is that buying the more expensive gun leads to the sacrifice of training etc etc.

This crowd is definitely not the purchase skills crowd.

That said p365 macro for me does everything I need lol

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    This crowd is definitely not the purchase skills crowd.

That said p365 macro for me does everything I need lol
    I stopped telling people to just get a glock. I think it holds certain people back from experimenting what works for them and reaching another level of proficiency with their firearm.

User Tag List