Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C2 vs Glock? Talk me into or out of one.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I feel the answer is $$$$.

I am a dinosaur still packing a single stack .45 with irons on duty. We issue Glock, there is two CZ P10s and I think 4 Staccatos roughly 120 officer dept.

Everyone says go Staccato but put the calculator to work... its more than I want to do.

We are getting a new chief and if that person walks in the door saying no single action 1911/2011 for duty carry..... I will likely go with my LTT.
    That definitely makes sense in that scenario. I love my LTT too. The officers that have Staccatos like them though?

Just buy what you want. Overthinking it means nothing. If it won’t risk your family’s finances, do what makes you happy.

Within reason, the choice will make no difference in your life, even in the exceedingly rare event you may need to draw a pistol. Ravens, Hi-points, and Charter Arms guns have bodied untold gangbangers in the past century. Choosing between a Glock and a Staccato is choosing between two ideal options with slightly different manuals of arms.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Just buy what you want. Overthinking it means nothing. If it won’t risk your family’s finances, do what makes you happy.

Within reason, the choice will make no difference in your life, even in the exceedingly rare event you may need to draw a pistol. Ravens, Hi-points, and Charter Arms guns have bodied untold gangbangers in the past century. Choosing between a Glock and a Staccato is choosing between two ideal options with slightly different manuals of arms.
    Very true. I tend to get a little research obsessive lol. Paralysis by analysis.

I’m not a 2011 guy but I have been around the block with a 1911 and Glocks a few times.

It comes down to fit. Some people can shoot Glocks, some can’t.

Pistols with ergos that work for the shooter can be rewarding to shoot. A Glock can be shot well but if you’re not doing everything perfectly, they’ll bite you in the ass. They also require an inordinate amount of work stay proficient if they don’t fit you.

You need to buy your beloved 19x back, you will end up back at Glock most likely. Then buy whatever you want. Glock is the gun with most B+ categories for most people and your new blaster will have bunch A+ categories but few naggling D- that will drive you back to the Glock.

But I like having extra options in the safe to mess with every once in awhile cause Glocks are boring.

So are you back to 1911’s?

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I’m not a 2011 guy but I have been around the block with a 1911 and Glocks a few times.

It comes down to fit. Some people can shoot Glocks, some can’t.

Pistols with ergos that work for the shooter can be rewarding to shoot. A Glock can be shot well but if you’re not doing everything perfectly, they’ll bite you in the ass. They also require an inordinate amount of work stay proficient if they don’t fit you.

Quote Originally Posted by 172driver View Post
    So are you back to 1911’s?
    Nope.

I've owned and shot Glocks since the first G19 hit the LGS shelf in Tacoma, WA, back when I was still a real man (Infantry type). I've switched out from them to 1911s, S&W 3rd Gens, Sig P-series, HK USPs, P2000s, P30s, S&W M&Ps, 2011s, Berettas, CZs, and a crap ton of other snowflakes. When all was said and done, my primary duty gun was a G19 (Gen5 MOS) until I retired. Since then, I've moved to the P365XL as my primary carry, because it's a whole lot easier to hump around than the G19, and it shoots at 85-95% of what I can do with the G19 on every drill I've shot.

I've owned or extensivley shot the Staccato C, C2, and P. They are all a million times easier to shoot at a high level than the GLOCK, especially since injuries to my left hand and wrist have left me with significantly reduced grip strength and range of motion in that wrist. If I was looking for a SHOOTING gun, I'd take the Staccato every single time. But they're large, heavy, and require a lot more attention to maintenance than the G19.

I bought a Springfield Prodigy several months ago, hoping to scratch the Staccato itch, and it's OK. But, after my Lenten "no guns" vow is lifted, I'll probably be selling it to fund the P DPO that I really want.

Quote Originally Posted by RDT806 View Post
    That definitely makes sense in that scenario. I love my LTT too. The officers that have Staccatos like them though?
    Yes.

What bothers me about some of them, they have zero time behind that platform. It did not make them a better shooter.
    They need to work on marksmanship first.

There is one muscle bound kid (in his 20s) who has the iron sighted version he bought used. He said I am not sure I like it. I don’t think he aims (HA!)

The staccato does not move in his hands. He shoots one knotted hole and he is not sure he likes the 2011. I laugh at him.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    You need to buy your beloved 19x back, you will end up back at Glock most likely. Then buy whatever you want. Glock is the gun with most B+ categories for most people and your new blaster will have bunch A+ categories but few naggling D- that will drive you back to the Glock.

But I like having extra options in the safe to mess with every once in awhile cause Glocks are boring.
    Yeah I totally get what you’re saying. I have no doubt that Ill end up doing another Glock at some point. Thinking about setting up a G47 and a G19. Ive also been a little tempted by the M&P 2.0 Optics Ready guns. But probably wont go that route. Im not really a collector but I too like having a couple of options.

User Tag List