Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend doesn’t want me to have my CCW when I come over her house.

My solution is to carry a J-frame

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post
    “And while I never chamber a round because I think the likelihood of a AD or a ND is greater than ever having to use my weapon in a self defense situation that I couldn’t avoid.”

Carrying in Condition 3 is pretty much like being unarmed.

When choosing who to date, you have to find somebody culturally compatible, and that is difficult.
    Arguably worse than being unarmed. If you're trying to draw, chamber a round and get on target, what is your adversary doing? At least unarmed you have an immediate choice of engage or withdraw and you're aware of the opponents actions.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    If you’re fumbling around with retrieving an auto pistol from a pocket AND trying to chamber a round, it’s possible an adversary who knows what they’re doing and moves quickly could disarm you.

Other posters are tight. This problem might best be solved by (1.) Getting a different girlfriend and (2.) pocket carry of an air weight revolver.

Site Supporter
    The surreptitious draw is hard enough when faced with an adversary at least in FOF. Drawing, loading, racking - impossible unless you are not being observed. When I was 'criminal' in a FOF, holding the convenience store at gun point, the dude fumbling at his pocket was just shot. On the other, when being a terrorist held at gun point by the 'law' with hands up, an airsoft pistol in the SOB was easy to draw and 'shoot' one good guy while they were chatting on having us surrendered. Then I 'died'.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Ask yourself fi this how you want to end up...

Name:  xwife.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  55.1 KB
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Site Supporter
    It’d be wise to carry a gun chambered.

It’d be wise to find someone who accepted you and what you value as important enough to hear you out and pursue common ground.

You can try to work around that but eventually it’ll come to a head and avoiding this will not solve. Initiating a conflict or discussion and saying “this is what I need and why it’s important” is valuable. Are you trying to discuss this with her or just not rocking the boat at all?

I feel like this is a boat to rock because it’s important. I dunno - up to you. We’ll see how it goes.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The surreptitious draw is hard enough when faced with an adversary at least in FOF. Drawing, loading, racking - impossible unless you are not being observed. When I was 'criminal' in a FOF, holding the convenience store at gun point, the dude fumbling at his pocket was just shot. On the other, when being a terrorist held at gun point by the 'law' with hands up, an airsoft pistol in the SOB was easy to draw and 'shoot' one good guy while they were chatting on having us surrendered. Then I 'died'.
    I watched a guy demonstrate drawing and racking the slide on a Glock (thankfully, empty). On his third demonstration, he dropped the gun.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

C3 carry is like a daily driver that wont start.

Fucking useless.

C3 is a choice and a dumb one to boot. There is ONE reason to carry C3.

You have obtained a carry permit and have not yet taken a training course but have one scheduled with a reputable instructor that will train you on the basics of safely handling a firearm.

Other than that, there is no reason to ever carry C3.

I've never understood why people want to spend their precious time in romantic relationships where there are such vastly divergent core values. If you're just smashing that shit and your little head over rules your bigger head and its desire to self preserve then rock on. Otherwise, get out man. Go find someone that has the same sense of self preservation and appreciation for life.

I walked away from quite a few dating relationships because the individual couldn't wrap their head around my lifestyle. Yes, guns are a lifestyle as well as a core value. If that statement doesn't resonate with you, to each their own but whether you want to acknowledge it or not, carrying concealed is a responsibility to yourself AND the public. DON'T half ass it.
    Last edited by Magsz; 04-27-2023 at 04:43 AM.

Since the OP hasn't been active in this thread since 3/31 - nearly a month - at this point we seem to be screaming at clouds.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Since the OP hasn't been active in this thread since 3/31 - nearly a month - at this point we seem to be screaming at clouds.
    People asking questions with the goal of seeking validation for choices already made is a sadly common occurrence.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List