Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What could possibly go wrong - Big Brother Will Be Watching

Quote Originally Posted by Paso Quito View Post
    I just found out about a BofA patent that is supposedly a digital passport
    How many of those BofA patent applications did you read to find that?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I put my phone in a faraday bag when I go to the friendly LGS or the range, unless I want to take photos. Paranoid and delusional? Maybe, but it’s easy to do, and data tracking is a light bulb that can’t be unscrewed after the fact.
    A long time ago somebody taught me to find animals in thick timber not by looking for a deer but by training my eyes to look for what should be there but isn't.

If you're reviewing data and you notice certain phones going blank for hours that's probably where you're going to look.

Real pros donate to Everytown and Google 'Why are guns still legal?!' at the range. Camouflage.
    Name:  AEQD9TIn_400x400.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  24.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    A long time ago somebody taught me to find animals in thick timber not by looking for a deer but by training my eyes to look for what should be there but isn't.

If you're reviewing data and you notice certain phones going blank for hours that's probably where you're going to look.

Real pros donate to Everytown and Google 'Why are guns still legal?!' at the range. Camouflage.
    I've got more phones than Saul Goodman and more Passports than Bourne.

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Paso Quito View Post
    I just found out about a BofA patent that is supposedly a digital passport but it sure looks like social credit score stuff to me. Track your travel, purchases, etc. and apply a hazard to each movement/transaction... when your hazard level gets high enough alert somebody. You might be warned that you are approaching a hazardous area.... the authorities might be notified that you are approaching a hazardous area.

Let's then throw in AI to fill in the blanks in your history (could that algorithm possibly be biased against certain groups or lifestyles).

What could possibly go wrong with BofA recording all you do and then using that data to generate a hazard rating (social credit score) for everyone? In the patent paperwork they are quite clear... data might be encrypted, it might not be encrypted.

If something like this takes root, how long until we will be forced to keep a smart phone with us (or have a chip embedded)?

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20220109960A1/en to see the full patent.

Summary

Digital passport with verified data provenance

Dec 16, 2021 - Bank of America CorporationSystems and methods for accurately and securely assembling, storing, and leveraging travel data are provided. A method may include detecting a travel event of a user. The method may include recording the travel event in a travel map that is stored in a database. The travel map may be a temporal- and spatial-based record of one or more travel events of the user. The travel map may be stored as a blockchain ledger. The method may include tokenizing sensitive information associated with the user in the database, and calculating a hazard vector. The method may include updating, based at least in part on the hazard vector, a status index associated with the user, and providing the user and a system administrator access to the travel map and the status index. Access may be provided via an online portal configured to be viewed via an application running on a mobile device.

Here are a few of the claims
    Claims
    1. A system with increased accuracy and security for assembling, storing, and leveraging travel data, the system comprising:
    a processor;
    a database configured to store the travel data; and
    a non-transitory memory storing computer executable instructions, that when run on the processor, are configured to: detect a travel event of a user, said travel event comprising a transition of the user from a first location to a second location; record the travel event in a travel map that is stored in the database, said travel map comprising a temporal-based and spatial-based record of one or more travel events of the user, wherein said travel map is stored as a blockchain ledger, and each travel event of the travel map is recorded as a separate data block of the blockchain ledger; calculate, based at least in part on data associated with the first location and the second location, a hazard vector; and update, based at least in part on the hazard vector, a status index associated with the user;
    wherein, when the status index reflects a hazard level that exceeds a predetermined threshold, the system is further configured to flag the user and transmit an emergency message to the user.
    7. The system of claim 1, further comprising an artificial intelligence (AI) component, wherein said AI component is configured to:
    calculate one or more intermediate travel events, each intermediate travel event being a travel event that exceeds a predetermined probability threshold of having occurred based on the travel events in the travel map;
    calculate one or more future travel events, each future travel event being a travel event that exceeds a predetermined probability threshold of occurring in the future based on the travel events in the travel map; and
    add the one or more intermediate travel events and the one or more future travel events to the travel map.

13. The system of claim 1, wherein, when the status index reflects a hazard level that exceeds a predetermined threshold, the system is further configured to transmit an emergency message to a system administrator and to a related system which exceeds a threshold probability of being adversely affected by the hazard level of the user.
    As if shitty customer service wasn't sufficient reason to steer clear of BoA...

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    As if shitty customer service wasn't sufficient reason to steer clear of BoA...

Okie John
    On the bright side, the chances of BoA implementing any program successfully are about zero.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Can you recommend a faraday bag?
    With the caveat that I’m a musician and not retired from “the unit,” these seemed to be the best option at the time I was looking.

https://godarkbags.com/products/goda...iABEgK1gPD_BwE

https://www.amazon.com/Mission-Darkn...01A7MACL2&th=1

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post

Name:  AEQD9TIn_400x400.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  24.8 KB
    You make a compelling case. I get a ton of email blasts from progressive causes, especially local; really helps me see what’s going on in my community. Back to the phone: I admit that looking at my phone’s signal, specifically, would be weird. I still make a habit of dropping the thing into a bag on every commute, mainly because I have this walter mitty fantasy of the thing going dark in my driveway, and then just popping back up on various college campuses around the region like magic. I mean, what sort of input into the meta would that look like?

As an aside, some number of years ago, faceybook had a map feature where you could pin places you’d lived or traveled to. I pinned some weird shit, just to throw white noise and see what would happen. I got suggestions in my feed about things in birmingham, lagos or brussels for a while.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    How many of those BofA patent applications did you read to find that?
    A friend who likes to research told me about this. I understand that we are moving quickly towards Orwell's 1984 but I did not expect a bank to lead the way! The fact that BofA patented the process makes me curious about what other companies/government are doing... not curious enough to spend time digging but enough that my antenna is up.

On 9/11, the terrorists won.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Let 'em watch!

Tell your mom....

I loved those damn commercials.

And yes, I'm a Slinger, I Sling...
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    The flip side is. I have nothing to hide.

The other flip side is why do I participate in your business when I sign a user agreement for your app.

User Tag List