Thread: Please can "Customize My Profile" options apply across site?

Please can "Customize My Profile" options apply across site?

I've made several updates using the "Customize My Profile" page. When I save, pistol-forum is rendered per my settings, but ONLY when I am on my Profile page. When I go back, literally anywhere else other than my profile, none of my settings are used.

Can it be fixed so that "Customize my Profile" options actually apply to the site across the board?

I'm not a web designer, but perhaps the cascading style sheet that is loaded on the main site is not using the cascading style sheet that is loaded in the profile page? I would imagine that the main site should be loading the CSS that I tinkered with, no? I mean, if no one changed their profile settings, and the profile started with the default, there would be no noticeable effect, correct? It would only be folks like me who like to modify their profile settings that would be effected? Just thinking out loud, I'm probably missing something.

Part of the reason for asking about this is the ongoing discussion on the lack of "Dark Mode" for p-f. If this was fixed so that the CSS in one's profile was used, I could customize my profile settings and colors to suit my particular situation i.e. create my own Dark Mode settings. And I would be a lot happier using the site. P-F is the only site I'm frequently on that does not feature a "dark mode" option.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....rk-Mode-for-PF

Anyway, thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance.

Example of my Customize my Profile page, when I am complete. These colors and fonts are how I want to see p-f in general, when I close out the profile page and return to the main menu.
    Name:  Stylepage.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  29.2 KB

Example of what the site looks like when I go back; i.e. NONE of the options I set apply, the site just reverts back to the default style, as if I did nothing, at all.
    Name:  RegularPage.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  34.5 KB
    Last edited by RJ; 03-29-2023 at 09:48 AM.

Anybody?

Joe? Rita? Frito?

Just thought I would swing back through on this thread. Does anyone know if there is an update coming that would fix the problem outlined in the OP?

Having the ability to use customized settings that actually apply to the web site would address my chief cosmetic complaint about using pistol-forum, namely, the ability to reduce the brightness of the presentation. My vision has changed that last two or three years due to cataracts, and I have a significant amount of "blooming" due to the bright white background.

User Tag List