Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville Church School Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Having actually investigated mass shootings (rather than conducting internet research) even in terms of correlation, the only 100% correlation I’ve seen is the shooters all have grievances.
    See what an angry 13 year old can do with a kitchen knife... yesterday in Brazil

He posted about his killing intentions on social media the day before, regretting he did not have proper weapons

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-school.html

There are always warning signs. That does not have any bearing on whether or the individual is mentally ill. In fact one of those signs is often telling someone to avoid the target for their own safety. Such “don’t go to school tomorrow” warnings to someone not associated with the shooters grievances is hardly the act of a madman.

This Nashville shooter literally sent someone a “good bye /something bad is going to happen” message.

Attachment 103039

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/sh...school-shooter

She checked her Instagram. She didn't expect a message from The Covenant School shooter.

Wow.

The most heartbreaking thing about that is how she signs first with her given, biological name, and then with her ridiculous mental illness / social contagion name, in parenthesis.

At the end, when it really counts, when she knows she's going to die soon, she knows who she really is. She's Audrey, her mom and dad's beautiful, unique, and special daughter. Not this grotesque thing society cheered her into making herself into.

What she did can literally get you permabanned from Twitter - she deadnamed herself.

Why?

If she truly thought she was, in fact, a he, she never would have signed her suicide note with her given biological name.

I think by signing her name like that, she must have, at some level, known that what she turned into wasn't right. That she had been horribly led astray. and most tragically, that she could never go back.

The mind just reels.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Site Supporter
    My opinion from observing is that in general people poorly tolerate discomfort and seek relief. Prescribing meds might be a knee jerk reaction by docs. I noticed that many parents use meds to control their kids' behavior. Physicians are pressured in many instances to prescribe. From what I read I think that antidepressants were intended to be used for short term therapy. It seems that once prescribed patients continue to take them. I remember when thorazine was given to inmates to control behavior and often wondered what happened when they were released and could not get this drug.

Do the stickers on the guns mean anything to you guys?

https://nypost.com/2023/03/27/nashvi...d-with-3-guns/

Name:  Screenshot from 2023-03-28 09-32-52.png
Views: 429
Size:  76.6 KB
    Name:  Screenshot from 2023-03-28 09-33-14.png
Views: 421
Size:  49.3 KB
    Name:  Screenshot from 2023-03-28 09-33-33.png
Views: 441
Size:  73.4 KB

There are always warning signs. That does not have any bearing on whether or the individual is mentally ill. In fact one of those signs is often telling someone to avoid the target for their own safety. Such “don’t go to school tomorrow” warnings to someone not associated with the shooters grievances is hardly the act of a madman.

This Nashville shooter literally sent someone a “good bye /something bad is going to happen” message.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/sh...school-shooter

She checked her Instagram. She didn't expect a message from The Covenant School shooter.

Genuine question, of the mass shooters in the last 5 years (not the media definition that includes gang-bangers and shit like that), which would you say were "crazy" and which were just "evil"?

my issue with the idea of "some people are just evil" (an idea I used to espouse myself) and why I pointed out that there are almost always warning signs as a response to that idea, is that it too often becomes an excuse. Either for not catching this actor, or for not preventing later similar actions.

Tying this back to the broader purpose of this forum, as firearms enthusiasts I think it's important to do what we can to help prevent these kinds of actions as the knee-jerk reaction of the society that created these people is to blame the object.

On that note, my wife read me something she found online about the shooting, purportedly from a Spanish author, that pointed out "there are 400 million guns in America. If guns were the problem, a lot more of you would be dead."

Call it "evil", call it "mental problems"... call it fucking "cumquat", I don't care... Beyond the moral obligation as citizens and Americans, it's encumbant upon us to address the underlying issues and try to resolve them.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Fuck this person and what they did to these kids and adults.

As usual, I have no answers, just questions. Who is this individual? What exactly, happened? How did they do it? And lastly, the big one, why. Maybe in the coming days and weeks, some of this will come out. I hope so. I haven't been a parent of an elementary student for 20 years, but if I was, I'd be asking when we're going to have a meeting about school security.

Site Supporter
    In Waco this weekend an angry teen killed his parents with a knife over an argument about air conditioning setting. He murdered his mother and step father. When I was teaching, sometimes a kid would say you better do this or that because I might get mad. I always told them to go ahead and get mad. Once when a kid threatened to beat his head against the wall, I told him to back up over there so he could get a running start. One tried to kill me with a steel chair. I never got a response from the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    There have been about 375 or so school shootings since Columbine. You've cited two by transgendered people. As for spies, was Robert Hanssen transgendered? Aldrich Aimes? Jonathan and Diana Toebbe?

What my fear is that the far-batshit-right is going to seize on this recent shooting as a club to use in their current campaign to discriminate against transgendered people.
    Robert Hanssen was a real strange dude. Family friends who were involved in Opus Dei had dinner at Hanssen's home. How Hanssen wasn't noticed by the Bureau as a whackjob is surprising.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Wow.

The most heartbreaking thing about that is how she signs first with her given, biological name, and then with her ridiculous mental illness / social contagion name, in parenthesis.

At the end, when it really counts, when she knows she's going to die soon, she knows who she really is. She's Audrey, her mom and dad's beautiful, unique, and special daughter. Not this grotesque thing society cheered her into making herself into.

What she did can literally get you permabanned from Twitter - she deadnamed herself.

Why?

If she truly thought she was, in fact, a he, she never would have signed her suicide note with her given biological name.

I think by signing her name like that, she must have, at some level, known that what she turned into wasn't right. That she had been horribly led astray. and most tragically, that she could never go back.

The mind just reels.
    Nothing is beyond hope. But I get the feeling that after folks perform this they do feel that way. I can grasp at why, but it’d be just that.

The suicide rate in transgenders in general is higher.

https://www.vocativ.com/culture/lgbt...ender-suicide/

It’s just sad to be honest. But not without hope.

School shootings are also another reason I’m homeschooling (or planning to) our kids. Beyond the insane politics and ideologies being forced on our children. It seems children attract insane people.
    God Bless,

Brandon

I'd wager my entire annual salary that more murders are committed by people who regularly take prescription painkillers than people who regularly take prescription anti-depressants.

If we're digging into the pharmacological history of the perpetrator then I'm much more interested in knowing if they were on hormone replacement therapy for a gender transition. Testosterone in the high doses needed to induce female-to-male transitions are non-trivial.

User Tag List