Thread: Leupold DeltaPoint Micro...is there a consensus yet?

Leupold DeltaPoint Micro...is there a consensus yet?

I just saw this RDS reviewed yesterday and hadn't even heard abut it. Is there a general consensus here yet?

I like the idea of it but just looking at it, I wonder if it is slower to pick up and get on target.

Also not sure what I think about the battery compartment arrangement.

This should be interesting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This should be interesting.
    In what way?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I just saw this RDS reviewed yesterday and hadn't even heard abut it. Is there a general consensus here yet?

I like the idea of it but just looking at it, I wonder if it is slower to pick up and get on target.

Also not sure what I think about the battery compartment arrangement.
    @JonInWA

I like them. They’re not a standard RDS and shouldn’t be treated as such. They’re more of an augmented iron / ghost ring. They have some distinct advantages and disadvantages.

They’re on sale sometimes for $200-250.

I think sometimes people judge things by standards they weren’t meant to use.

What JCN said.

Of course, he got me hooked on 'em.

Think of them as kind of an ''enhanced ghost ring'' sight. Easy enough to adapt to, the trick is not to ''over illuminate'' the unit and run it just bright enough to not wash out the sight picture.

They've done nothing for my split times (0.20 - 0.22 seconds), but accuracy has improved for me. YMMV.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I actually continue to prefer mine, which is on my Gen 3 Glock G19, to the upgraded Romeo that was on my P320. And I agree that it's helpful not to over-illuminate the dot. I've found that the DPM works well as an RDS and when the RDS is turned off, as a ghost ring "iron" sight.

Here's a recent thread discussion on it: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....en-3-Glock-G19

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I actually continue to prefer mine, which is on my Gen 3 Glock G19, to the upgraded Romeo that was on my P320. And I agree that it's helpful not to over-illuminate the dot. I've found that the DPM works well as an RDS and when the RDS is turned off, as a ghost ring "iron" sight.

Here's a recent thread discussion on it: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....en-3-Glock-G19

Best, Jon
    That was in an informative thread.

What have you found concerning battery life, maintaining zero, reliability...etc?

I had my hands on one (just one), a couple years ago.

No, I would not and I could not recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post

I still remember being told about this innovative, sealed emitter design. And then I saw it -- I was literally stunned.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post

Same. Leupold just can’t get it together. Same with their scopes. The market tells you, very loudly, what it wants. Then Leupold says “nah, we’ll come up with something else that no one wants.”

User Tag List