Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Side by side comparison videos of various non ported/ported/comped Glock 19s

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Has anyone tried shooting these from retention? One of my reservations about carrying a ported gun is the potential of jacket spalling hitting my face/eyes if I ever had to fire from retention. If they've found a way to mitigate this issue I might consider sending a gun in to try it out.
    I fired a few rounds from retention. No problems. I’m gonna do some more next time I get to the range.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Great videos.

I've become a fan of comps and ports. I have a Q5SF with the Lucky Sevens, a Dan Wesson TCP 9mm with Monsoon's Genghis Komp, a Glock 41 with their Chunk Port, and several guns with PMM comps. I find all of them to work as advertised.

The Tier 1 Concealed guys did a similar video recently where they calculated the difference in muzzle rise between stock guns and various comped and ported versions. I think they found a difference of 1-2 degrees for most of them. At first blush, that doesn't sound like much, but consider that 1 degree is 60 MOA. This is pretty significant.

I have shot all of the above from retention and find that they are not always pleasant, but are not harmful. I'll take the substantial increase in performance in exchange for getting hit with gas and concussion in the unlikely event I will need to shoot from retention.

Thanks for the info. You guys have convinced me to give the Lucky 7's a try!

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    ...The Tier 1 Concealed guys did a similar video recently...

This thread and that video convinced me to join the queue to send my 45 in for Lucky 7's today.

I have integrated comp slides on all of my Sigs so after seeing the portion of that video with Lucky 7 + Comp I asked Monsoon if they could do it to a P365 Macro but they weren't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    This thread and that video convinced me to join the queue to send my 45 in for Lucky 7's today.

I have integrated comp slides on all of my Sigs so after seeing the portion of that video with Lucky 7 + Comp I asked Monsoon if they could do it to a P365 Macro but they weren't sure.
    I’ve been thinking of buying another AIM threaded barrel and sending it off to get the Lucky 7 treatment and then playing around with adding a comp. One of the AIM guys had a barrel/comp combo from Monsoon that only had 3 ports instead of 7 plus the comp. Disregard that. Was someone else. 3 ports and a Chunk comp.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrCGb...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Anyone try this with a PDP?

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    Anyone try this with a PDP?
    Scott Jedlinski @AsianJedi has.

Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List