Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Side by side comparison videos of various non ported/ported/comped Glock 19s

Side by side comparison videos of various non ported/ported/comped Glock 19s

Got out to the range this morning to take some slo-mo video of various G19 configurations. Most shots were Norma 124FMJ. I shot “strings” of 1/2/3/4/5 rounds as fast as the dot settled. So fire 1, pause, fire 2, pause, fire 3, pause, fire 4, pause, fire 5. For reference, the black lines on the USPSA target are 1” apart.

Non ported barrel w Gen 3 stock recoil spring v Lucky 7 ported barrel w Gen 3 stock recoil spring.

Non ported barrel w Gen 3 stock recoil spring v Lucky 7 ported barrel with 15lb recoil spring.

Non ported barrel w Gen 3 stock recoil spring v Radian Ramjet/Afterburner w Gen 4 stock recoil spring

Non ported barrel w Gen 3 stock recoil spring v Radian Ramjet/Afterburner w 15lb recoil spring

Non ported barrel w Gen 3 stock recoil spring v stock G19.5

Lucky 7 w 15lb spring v Ramjet/Afterburner w 15lb spring

And last, I ran 5 rds of 124 +P Gold Dots through the Lucky 7 and Ramjet/Afterburner 15lb recoil spring uppers.

Completely unscientific, but to me, the Lucky 7s were the hands down winner between the 7s and the Ramjet/Afterburner.

Reference target @5 yards.
    Name:  0ED27D06-FA66-4A50-A4BE-E83940F44ECA.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  21.5 KB
    Last edited by Lon; 03-25-2023 at 09:56 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Thanks @Lon - those videos are outstanding. I'm really impressed with the Lucky 7 porting.

I think it was discussed earlier in the thread, but I can't recall the details. Does the Lucky 7 increase the noise significantly?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Thanks @Lon - those videos are outstanding. I'm really impressed with the Lucky 7 porting.

I think it was discussed earlier in the thread, but I can't recall the details. Does the Lucky 7 increase the noise significantly?
    I’m really impressed with the Lucky 7s as well. I just put the PMM Ultra JTTC Comp back on the upper the Ramjet was on. Next side by test will be between the Lucky 7s and the Ultra.

I always have electronic muffs on so I can’t tell. I’ve got a decibel meter. I’ll try to get out this week and check to see the difference.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Next side by test will be between the Lucky 7s and the Ultra.
    Looking forward to seeing the results.

I always have electronic muffs on so I can’t tell.
    If you haven't noticed a difference in noise, that's a good sign. I can usually tell when my buddies switch to their comped pistols, just based on the increased muzzle report.

Looks like a definite improvement in muzzle rise. My only concern is it also seems to be a marked reduction in ejection strength - in several of the videos it appears the brass is barely tumbling out of the L7 ported pistol, frequently hitting the optic. My WILDLY bad experience with early Gen4 Glocks makes me super sensitive to that stuff. If your pistols are running fine and it doesn't bother you, I say rock on!

10/10 would watch again.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    10/10 would watch again.
    Some new videos added. Comparison of Lucky 7s and PMM Ultra JTTC. I gotta say, the Lucky 7s are crushing it. I’m too lazy to post them all. Here’s one. Go to my channel to find the rest.

Formerly known as xpd54.

Looking forward to seeing the results.

If you haven't noticed a difference in noise, that's a good sign. I can usually tell when my buddies switch to their comped pistols, just based on the increased muzzle report.
    Took my decibel meter out today. No noticeable difference.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Took my decibel meter out today. No noticeable difference.
    Thanks Lon. Based on your threads, I'll be sending a pistol to Monsoon Tactical for Lucky 7s porting.

Thanks Lon. Based on your threads, I'll be sending a pistol to Monsoon Tactical for Lucky 7s porting.
    You’re welcome. I like helping other people spend money. I’ll probably be sending them another one sometime in the future. Just need to figure out what. Thinking about a 17 top end so I can compare the 17/19.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List