Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moms Demand Action Colorado talking points sheet

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Any time I see the crime blotter and see so and so with 9 priors of driving with a suspended license… or someone’s 6th DWI….

I don’t think this is the model that people should be looking towards to reduce crime.

FFS, Paul Pelosi.
    Crazy talk here!

Are you suggesting criminals don’t follow laws?

You and your ilk are the very reason we need limits on free speech!

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    It would be ironic if after escaping Kalifornia for Colorado, all these bills would pass in Colorado and the AWB would be struck down in Kalifornia.

I joined Rocky Mountain Gun Owners last night. What else do I need to do?

These fools will stop at nothing.

The Left is not far from cracking down on the 1A. Don’t give them ideas.
    You can run but you can't hide, even in ID. You thought CO was a conservative state. Lost. Just like AZ and NV.

Until the USSC sets some boundaries we're all going to enjoy the states interpretation of the US constitution. I'm enjoying mag restrictions and a looming AWB right now.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-25-2023 at 08:27 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    You can run but you can't hide, even in ID. You thought CO was a conservative state. Lost. Just like AZ and NV.
    In fairness I didn't think CO was a conservative state, just more balanced than Kalifornia - especially at the County level. I joke that my move here was "A Half Step To Freedom." But as one of those dumbfucks that has to work and pay taxes, my job played a big part in my choice of where to move. Arizona was another option but with the election results of 2022, it seems that it is becoming Colorado only hotter. Its a wash although it will probably take longer to push stupid gun legislation there than here.

We will see......

Until the USSC sets some boundaries
    I knew a polysci major in college that was fond of saying "When is something Constitutional? When five justices say it is." His answer was technically correct. No matter how strongly you believe it, it's (il)legal when five SCOTUS justices decide it is. The End. If you want to pursue an extrajudicial solution be prepared for all possible outcomes.

Clarence Thomas is a tired old man, and McConnell's games with Gorsuch and Barrett combined with Dobbs leads me to think that a lot of those post-Heller SCOTUS decisions are only going to last as long as the balance of the court is what it is today. Heller wouldn't have been on the fast track for reversal under normal circumstances. McDonald probably not. But Bruen? Yeah. No. That stands as long as the current composition of the court does.

You can't throw stare decisis in the garbage for decisions you don't like and then expect the decisions you do like to be sacrosanct. The 4-4 + 1 swing vote is probably going to be something we look back on as an aberration. I expect entirely partisan decisions in the future. Enjoy the ones you like while they last.

Site Supporter
    Exactly, Heller didn't amount to much as it had anti loop holes that were exploited - as we can see by the increasing number of state antigun laws. Bruen, by some progun legal analyses just open up an historical wormhole by not being clear on important issues such as bans and locales. I know Bruen is a great victory, Clarence apologists will say - JUST YOU WAIT. There is always a reason why a clear ruling on such can't be done or taken up due to the majesty of procedure or the need to 'scold' the lower courts and take away their dessert.

In NYS, the CCIA was predicted and Clarence and company fell into the trap and we are screwed here for a long time. All decisions are not abstract legal ones but socio-political. That has been Scotus history for a long time also. You don't get a court saying Blacks are not human because of abstract principles such as all men are created equal.

Anyway, nice clouds, going off to stroll through a USPSA match and watch the young ones run around.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

WA has a pretty amazing constitution. It looks a lot like the US constitution, but written ±100 yrs later, it is more clear and easier to interpret.

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.
    The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this Section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.
    There seems to be a new twist however with the armed body of men. Not sure where that came from, maybe the union/corporation bloodshed.

There is no confusion about militias though. They had that worked out by then with a standing federal army. Even as clear as the WA constitution is, Washington courts have held that the right to bear arms is not absolute and is subject to reasonable regulation by the state under its police power.

So the constitution is what the courts say it is.

That brings up another problem, the 10th amendment. The USSC may not want to delve into that states rights thing too far without some social support. The only way we have SSM now is because most states had already adopted it. That was an easy one.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-26-2023 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    In fairness I didn't think CO was a conservative state, just more balanced than Kalifornia - especially at the County level. I joke that my move here was "A Half Step To Freedom." But as one of those dumbfucks that has to work and pay taxes, my job played a big part in my choice of where to move. Arizona was another option but with the election results of 2022, it seems that it is becoming Colorado only hotter. Its a wash although it will probably take longer to push stupid gun legislation there than here.

We will see......
    Well it was a Conservative pro gun state as recently as Bush II. That was not that long ago. Thats why I'm blown away this is happening in a Western Mountain State. I am in New Jersey and have been told for years by other gun owners that I "deserve what I get." Well states are falling like domino chips. I remember myself 15 years ago wanting to live in Colorado. My grandfather went through training there with 10th Mountain Div. Its now looking like NJ with Alps.

Quote Originally Posted by High Cross View Post
    Well it was a Conservative pro gun state as recently as Bush II. That was not that long ago. Thats why I'm blown away this is happening in a Western Mountain State. I am in New Jersey and have been told for years by other gun owners that I "deserve what I get." Well states are falling like domino chips. I remember myself 15 years ago wanting to live in Colorado. My grandfather went through training there with 10th Mountain Div. Its now looking like NJ with Alps.
    I know four people that live in CO. None of them are gun owners and the topic never comes up. I'm not sure how they vote but they have a pretty normal life style for CO. Good income and outdoor recreation enthusiasts. One couple lives in Boulder and the other couple in Pagosa Springs. All retired or semi-retired and they've been there a long time.

I don't think CO is a conservative state, or even balanced looking at the heavily D leaning legislature and using my friends as a barometer. It's beginning to look a lot like WA. which trended heavily liberal in the last 10 years.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-26-2023 at 10:40 AM.

I know four people that live in CO. None of them are gun owners and the topic never comes up. I'm not sure how they vote but they have a pretty normal life style for CO. Good income and outdoor recreation enthusiasts. One couple lives in Boulder and the other couple in Pagosa Springs. All retired or semi-retired and they've been there a long time.

I don't think CO is a conservative state anymore, using my friends as a barometer. It's beginning to look a lot like WA. which trended heavily liberal in the last 10 years.
    Eh. It’s like many other places, much of the physical state is conservative and pro gun but the highly populated cities are not. Much of CO doesn’t follow laws passed in Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Eh. It’s like many other places, much of the physical state is conservative and pro gun but the highly populated cities are not. Much of CO doesn’t follow laws passed in Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thats what I figure. Its Boulder, Denver and the first ring suburbs attacking the rights of the rest of the states residents. Outdoor life style usually goes hand in hand with gun ownership. See liberal Vermont and gun ownership. Hiking in Grizzly country etc, ranching and farming, The outdoor recreational lifestyle was a big part of the appeal of Colorado for me.

User Tag List