Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moms Demand Action Colorado talking points sheet

Moms Demand Action Colorado talking points sheet

Hi all,
    I thought you might find this interesting. An old classmate who is lobbying with students in the Colorado state capital to take away gun rights posted the sheets and talking points they get on IG. She seems to believe a lot of these are reasonable positions. If you told me this would be happening in Colorado when I was working for the RNC 18 years ago I would not have believed it. I thought some here might find this talking points sheet interesting. She was also part of a group who corner GOP State Senator Perry Wills with some teenagers. Seems they even want to ban pump action shotguns with a pistol grip.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I believe the rule here is that posts concerning MOMS DEMAND ACTION be posted in the Cougar Thread!

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Cougar-Thread!

Mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    I believe the rule here is that posts concerning MOMS DEMAND ACTION be posted in the Cougar Thread!

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Cougar-Thread!

Mods?
    Yes!!

As to the original post, every time I see the " just like cars" argument; I want to respond back:

Sure, and while we're at it we might as well make it a requirement to have a license to speak in public ( and that includes social media), as well as a license to not have to speak to the police when you get questioned/ testify in court against yourself.

And just march on down the entire Bill of Rights and get licenses for everything
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 03-25-2023 at 11:12 AM.

Site Supporter
    Will they offer free "gun license training" the same as driver's education in high school?
    --Jason--

Any person who chooses to speak must first provide proof of insurance coverage for defamation, in a minimum amount to be established from time to time by the Secretary.

Site Supporter
    About cars - interesting nuance. Al Gore said that guns should be licensed like cars. Now in states like NY, any law abiding citizen could get a license for a car but that wasn't the case for guns. It was neigh on impossible in many counties to get a handgun. So years ago, when he was running, I wrote a letter to the NY Times saying did Al Gore mean that law abiding citizen could get a license and own a handgun just like a car. NY Times emailed that they were going to print the letter but they never did! I think the next level of approval ditched the first approval.

So the point in the may issue states was that the car analogy would free up gun ownership. OOPS! Never thought of that.

Cars are shall issue. If they want to use the same standard for cars - 4 references in your county that know you for years, a check on your moral standards, a check on your social media, a very expensive class for a license - let's talk. Let's limit speed to 40 mph. OOPS! Probably not.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    It would be ironic if after escaping Kalifornia for Colorado, all these bills would pass in Colorado and the AWB would be struck down in Kalifornia.

I joined Rocky Mountain Gun Owners last night. What else do I need to do?

These fools will stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Any person who chooses to speak must first provide proof of insurance coverage for defamation, in a minimum amount to be established from time to time by the Secretary.
    The Left is not far from cracking down on the 1A. Don’t give them ideas.

Any time I see the crime blotter and see so and so with 9 priors of driving with a suspended license… or someone’s 6th DWI….

I don’t think this is the model that people should be looking towards to reduce crime.

FFS, Paul Pelosi.
    Last edited by JCN; 03-25-2023 at 05:11 PM.

Don't forget that too many people in power DO want to regulate Free Speech in the same way as they want to regulate guns or even cars.

Permits, training, monitoring, bans, ect.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

I joined Rocky Mountain Gun Owners last night.
    Just renewed my membership. Thanks for the reminder.

User Tag List