Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR failure to feed...

We looked at the mag catch and it seemed fine. Didn't notice any bend in the buffer tube, but then again I wasn't looking too hard at it. He needs to send it off to Armalite and let them do their thing, but he's PCS'ing in about a month and he's not sure if he'll still be here by the time they send it back.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Just to make certain; this happened with your DD parts during live fire or dry fire?
    #RESIST

Live fire.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Site Supporter
    In the first post you indicated the gas key isn't properly staked. Has he checked to make sure that the gas key screws are properly torqued?

ETA: I just read that you swapped BCGs when you switched the buffer spring, apparently reading is hard. I'm with JMS that checking for some type of blockage in the gas tube is a good idea.
    Last edited by joshs; 11-06-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Reading is hard

I'm wondering how farfetched the idea of a blockage in the gas tube might be, be it a material one or a crimp.

It wouldn't be blockage in the key, if you swapped BCGs, though it'd still be worthwhile to check the OEM BCG's key for proper hardware and torque. Spitballing a bit...

ARs need to adhere to at least some spec. Most are pretty wel known. If there are issues with bolt staking and possibly springs being out of spec......every other spec, part, installation, and dimensions become suspect.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Site Supporter
    Any chance of a misaligned gas tube causing friction on the carrier key? I didn't mention it earlier since it didn't appear to me that the BCG was far enough forward for that to matter, but I could be wrong.

User Tag List