Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EDC article in the WSJ

EDC article in the WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/edc-eve...tials-8f87d3bd

What’s in Your Pocket? Obsessed Hobbyists Judge What It Says About You
    People in the competitive world of EDC, or ‘everyday carry,’ bond over the pens, trinkets and tools in their pockets
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’d be interested in this article, given that I’m probably (sort of) in the demographic covered therein. Who’s the expert paywall sneak reaper on this forum again? I know there’s a way to bootleg a glimpse…
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’d be interested in this article, given that I’m probably (sort of) in the demographic covered therein. Who’s the expert paywall sneak reaper on this forum again? I know there’s a way to bootleg a glimpse…
    Go to Archive Today: https://archive.vn

Copy and paste the link for what you want to read into the lower, black "saved snapshots" window; if the article has been archived (WSJ usually is), you'll be able to read an archived copy.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

I was able to read the article off the link but I might’ve registered with the WSJ at some point.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Go to Archive Today: https://archive.vn

Copy and paste the link for what you want to read into the lower, black "saved snapshots" window; if the article has been archived (WSJ usually is), you'll be able to read an archived copy.
    Awesome, thanks!

(I found it trivially interesting that one of the guys noted in the article works in Cheney WA, a town that I happen to know has very restrictive city blade length ordinances. Kudos to that guy for providing the article with pics of a pen, mini griptilian and SA type knife. Dude knows how to stay out of trouble…)

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

No .380s?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

The whole gawk-at-EDC thing has always seemed a little awkward, like teenagers comparing the Playboys they found in grandpa’s garage.

And, just like that content, most of it is fake.

@jetfire had a IG post a few years back about “performative EDC” and I think he was spot on.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    The whole gawk-at-EDC thing has always seemed a little awkward, like teenagers comparing the Playboys they found in grandpa’s garage.

And, just like that content, most of it is fake.

@jetfire had a IG post a few years back about “performative EDC” and I think he was spot on.
    Er...phrasing?

And "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    Last edited by feudist; 03-24-2023 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Er...phrasing?

And "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    I mean, everyone performs at something?

Gotta get those dollars and likes.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

No flashlights?
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

User Tag List