Thread: Fastest growing school sport in Wyoming

Fastest growing school sport in Wyoming

#BestState

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2022/10...-school-sport/

Kroells is marketing school clay target shooting in numerous other states and helped launch Wyoming’s program in 2019. It began with a 40 students spread among four teams, Kroells said. There now are 214 Wyoming students on 13 teams at high schools across the state.

“We act, smell and feel like a school sport,” he said. “We’re trying to figure out how to get recognized as a school athletic organization.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Not Wyoming, but our local middle/high school has a trap shooting team, with about 20 members. A lot of great kids on the team and a couple of excellent coaches. The kids are can letter in trap/skeet, if they meet the practice attendance and academic requirements.

My son just started shooting with them a few weeks ago, and has been enjoying the heck out of it.

I came to this thread expecting to see something about sheep.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    My son's school started a shooting club. He enjoys it, and has his own eyes, ears, and since Chistmad a Glock 44.

This last week I was dealing with Game and Fish trying to get him entered into a Deer Draw Hunt. The automated system was not acting as it should due to a typo in his Hunter Safety course registration. While on the phone with the coordinator she saw his email address and asked what affiliation we had with the school, explaining that she had lost the POC during Covid, but the school was in the process of becoming a host for regular, state run, youth Hunter Saftey courses.

I gladly put her in touch with thr right person.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Or goats.

Our HS has a trap team. I believe it's affiliated with the FFA.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-25-2023 at 06:42 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    That’s really cool!

Our JROTC has an air rifle team that competes around the state, but no live firearms competition. There are JROTC programs in the state that have live rifle teams and that participate in competitions. I’d like to see our school add one, but for now, that idea gets no traction.

Trap and skeet would be really cool to add.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    And oversized Wellies!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Our gun club hosts several high school trap teams - two public schools and a home school group as well as the 4-H stuff. One of the problems I've been told of is getting a qualifying school employee to be the admin coach/head of the team.

I think our club goes above and beyond in support - we furnish the rock and the fields at no cost to the teams.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List