Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time to buy more 9mm, can't find 124 Lawman, what to buy?

Site Supporter
    I've shot a lot of Norma and S&B over the past couple of years. I've also shot 2-3K of STV 124 gr without any problems. I rarely shoot at 25 yards though.

https://aimsurplus.com/products/stv-...ition-50rd-box

124 grain Lawman is available for purchase on the Speer website as of this posting. No bulk purchase options though, so you may not like the price.

https://www.speer.com/ammunition/

Sgammo has the blazer brass 147 grain for $269 shipped. It’s not lawman, but my two main pistols are zeroed for 147 HST and I cannot tell the difference in poi with the blazer.

Site Supporter
    Gold Dot 124+p is the go to in my LTT right now. Magtech, S&B, and WWB 115 all hit on point with it. UMC 115 does, as well, but it’s loaded quite light, as is PMC.

AE is just as quality and loaded fairly hot, but it does not hit same POA/POI in my particular gun.

Magtech, S&B, and Winchester are all on SG at $259 right now.

Found a case of Lawman 115gr in the garage and took some to the range. Wow, these things are a bit spicy. Came home and looked up the specs and the 115gr has 368 ft-lb of muzzle energy. The 124gr has 327 ft-lb and 147gr has 317 ft-lb. In comparison, my defense load, HST 124, has 364 ft-lb.

I originally thought training with 124gr to match my carry ammo but the recoil characteristics don't seem to be equal? 115gr Lawman recoils more than 124gr HST but 124gr Lawman seems to recoil less.

I have used the following 124 gr. FMJ 9mm ammo for matches and practice fairly extensively:

Aguila
    American Eagle (Federal}
    Magtech
    PMC
    Blazer Brass
    Fiocchi
    Speer Lawman

All have been adequately accurate, competitively priced, and, with one exception, completely reliable in Glock, S&W, CZ, Springfield, Wilson Combat, STI, and Dan Wesson pistols.

The referenced exception: I had a couple of cases of the Aguila stuff from the same Lot No. and by the time I was approximately 800 rounds into it, I had experienced a half a dozen inert primers in a few different pistols. I contacted Aguila's CS department and they made it right with no delay or hassle. That was about 4 1/2 years ago, IIRC. I have shot multiple thousands more of Aguila's ammo with no further problems.

If I had to pick a favorite, I think it would be the Speer Lawman. But that's a pretty subjective choice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I have used the following 124 gr. FMJ 9mm ammo for matches and practice fairly extensively:

Aguila
    American Eagle (Federal}
    Magtech
    PMC
    Blazer Brass
    Fiocchi
    Speer Lawman

All have been adequately accurate, competitively priced, and, with one exception, completely reliable in Glock, S&W, CZ, Springfield, Wilson Combat, STI, and Dan Wesson pistols.

The referenced exception: I had a couple of cases of the Aguila stuff from the same Lot No. and by the time I was approximately 800 rounds into it, I had experienced a half a dozen inert primers in a few different pistols. I contacted Aguila's CS department and they made it right with no delay or hassle. That was about 4 1/2 years ago, IIRC. I have shot multiple thousands more of Aguila's ammo with no further problems.

If I had to pick a favorite, I think it would be the Speer Lawman. But that's a pretty subjective choice.
    I’ve had good results with Aguila for years but they’ve had some QC issues in the last 6 months. They recently got some large contracts, including this practice, ammunition contract for the state of Texas. Regardless, they are aware of the problem in our supposedly working on fixing it.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Honestly I've had more good brass 9mm ammo than bad. Can vouch for Magtech, Fiocchi, Norma (great stuff for the price), Am Eagle, Blazer Brass, PMC (a little weak), among others

Site Supporter
    If you are a target sports member, 115 grain lawmen is $312.62 per 1000 or $15.63 a box. Shipping is free whether it is 1 box or a case. Membership is $95 a year and shipping is always free.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/spee...650-p-662.aspx

I used Ammo Seek and the 124 gr Lawman is still listed at $15.99 from Bucking Horse Outpost.

User Tag List