Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to buy more 9mm, can't find 124 Lawman, what to buy?

Time to buy more 9mm, can't find 124 Lawman, what to buy?

I'll confess out of the gate that I shoot MUCH fewer live rounds than most here and fewer than even I used to. I keep a Google Sheet with round counts, and my 9mm consumption in 2022 was 1,687 rounds. I'm down to about 500 124gr Lawman. Looks like the market's dipped a bit from the $350/k that I paid last July. I like the 124gr Lawman because it hits pretty close with my 124+P GoldDot that my pistols are zeroed with, and I shoot 25yds or further pretty much every session. The thing is, I can't find 124gr Lawman in-stock at any reputable places. However, there are several options from other brands available in the $250/K range.

Any idea on what to go with? Top runners for me based on past experience would be Fiocci, Magtech, or S&B, but I'm open to others.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

For whatever reason, I used to get Lawman 124gr and Blazer Brass 124gr mixed up in my head. Do these two loads perform similarly? If so, I’ve seen the Blazer for around $270 shipped per case.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I'll confess out of the gate that I shoot MUCH fewer live rounds than most here and fewer than even I used to. I keep a Google Sheet with round counts, and my 9mm consumption in 2022 was 1,687 rounds. I'm down to about 500 124gr Lawman. Looks like the market's dipped a bit from the $350/k that I paid last July. I like the 124gr Lawman because it hits pretty close with my 124+P GoldDot that my pistols are zeroed with, and I shoot 25yds or further pretty much every session. The thing is, I can't find 124gr Lawman in-stock at any reputable places. However, there are several options from other brands available in the $250/K range.

Any idea on what to go with? Top runners for me based on past experience would be Fiocci, Magtech, or S&B, but I'm open to others.
    http://sgammo.com

Unless they changed prices recently, they were selling various brands for around $250/1000 shipped.

124 Lawman is our go to load. It is harder to find, but my wife uses ammoseek and the brown truck brings it regularly. I suspect my lead levels have dropped, in part, because of Lawman. I use it in my 9 major/minor open gun, my comp'd Glock, my JP-5 and my wife prefers it in her 320 CO gun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’ve shot a bit of each of those, the Fiocchi, S&B, and Magtech. I personally prefer the Fiocchi 124gr. as it shares functionally identical POI with my 124gr. HST, but I found them all to be reasonably accurate and I can’t recall any giving any problems aside from a couple Fiocchi primers (from the same lot) that needed a second strike to pop.

Site Supporter

I've had good luck with both Magtech and S&B. S&G currently has magtech 124 for $259/k shipped.

Site Supporter
    The 124gr S&B has been very accurate for my 92x.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I would also highly recommend the 124-grain Fiocchi FMJ.

It it produces robust velocities from both my Glock 17 and 19, isn't particularly dirty or practice ammo either, and it is one of the few brands with which I have never had a bad round. Highly recommended.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I would imagine that Federal AE would be just as quality as Lawman.

This was recommended by @Tom Givens in his newsletter a while back:

https://www.omusha-ammo.com/catalog/ammo/handgun

I haven't quite yet broken into the case I bought.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I’ve been shooting quite a bit of blazer brass 124g and have had 2 of these in the last 500 rounds… not great stuff.

Name:  0E753EE4-A984-4FA7-80A7-7FB61059CB70.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  34.1 KB

User Tag List