Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IDPA concealment… belt clips showing?

If it turned out that they DID need to conceal the clips, what’s the worst case scenario? Untuck the short to cover them? And what’s the negative outcome from doing do?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

If you wear a vest or jacket they would be covered. Where I shoot we have a few people doing IWB but only one of the two clubs allow AIWB. I haven't paid close attention but those couple of guys when not required to have a vest still have their shirt untucked which would definitely cover your clips. Each stage has it specified whether cover is required or not. Say Oct to Mar cover is usually required. But the March matches I remember at least a couple of stages said no cover. Especially if we start seated and have to draw while seated, they usually think of cover creating a safety hazard, so none required. As soon as it gets a little warm often the entire match is cover NOT required. These are local level matches so as we know upper level matches could be different. You could paint them to match your belt so they'd be less obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If it turned out that they DID need to conceal the clips, what’s the worst case scenario? Untuck the short to cover them? And what’s the negative outcome from doing do?
    It would depend on what shirt I was wearing.

Some shirts may stretch and tuck but might not pass the dangle with arms out test.

It’s really not a big deal but I generally like to compete like I practice.

And I don’t like to give away free time when I’m competing so…

There is a shooter at the Wednesday night USPSA who is what I call "relentlessly tactical."
    Sometimes he is carrying AIWB, sometimes hip with concealment. He would fit right in at IDPA.
    He isn't winning USPSA but he is exercising his carry gear.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I see that over on another forum our own JCN was part of a conversation about the subject of clips (same as this thread) and mentioned that he was told by his IDPA Area Coordinator that the clips being visible was okay.

Imagine my surprise when a participant in that conversation on that forum advised that HE had been told by HIS IDPA Area Coordinator that the clips being visible was NOT allowable.

Those guys have teamed up to make me pretty proud of my prognostication skills! (See Post #2 in this thread).

Same thing on ports and comps, there is at least one AC still clinging to the factory installed restriction, even though that is gone from the .2 rules. But then "incorporated" can mean a lot of different things.
    A.2.3.2 Compensated and ported barrels that are incorporated into the firearm.

I was contemplating having my No 2 ESP ported just for the fun of it, but not now, not soon.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I see that over on another forum our own JCN was part of a conversation about the subject of clips (same as this thread) and mentioned that he was told by his IDPA Area Coordinator that the clips being visible was okay.

Imagine my surprise when a participant in that conversation on that forum advised that HE had been told by HIS IDPA Area Coordinator that the clips being visible was NOT allowable.

Those guys have teamed up to make me pretty proud of my prognostication skills! (See Post #2 in this thread).
    It was my state coordinator, not area coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    It was my state coordinator, not area coordinator
    Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Have you considered trying the Phlster Enigma? Not necessarily just for IDPA, but for EDC those clips are a huge give away and look like they protrude enough to cause some printing even if you were using the Mastermind Covert. The Enigma would give you the same advantage, but it also completely removes the necessity for clips which really slims down the whole package.

If you do decide to try it, order the sport belt with it. It is "optional" but I think it really helps with comfort and concealment.
    Enigma is amazing. Was a super early adopter and push it on others that aiwb as it is amazing. Also how my wife carries in yoga pants and dresses.

Personally hated the sports belt. Insanely uncomfortable for me vs standard

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Enigma is amazing. Was a super early adopter and push it on others that aiwb as it is amazing. Also how my wife carries in yoga pants and dresses.

Personally hated the sports belt. Insanely uncomfortable for me vs standard
    What did you find uncomfortable about it? I'm most often wearing the Enigma when wearing garments with no pockets, so I wanted space for my credentials and cell phone. Just added the sports belt, but I don't have any time on it yet...all my time thus far has been with the regular belt.
    Last edited by TGS; 08-11-2023 at 10:17 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List