Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great UFC fights

Great UFC fights

Tell us why you like the fight you post.

I'll go first. This is an excellent matchup between two fantastic strikers (Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson and Kevin Holland) that agreed ahead of time to only strike, no grappling. Both fighters are absolute gentlemen and show mutual respect and friendship, excellent sportsmanship, and it was a tough fight. The respect and sportsmanship really make this a great fight.

#RESIST

Tagging in with Much Respect!

Damn, those gentlemen are tough! Incredible fight.

Thank you LL!

Site Supporter
    Hmmm, this one is one of my favorite striking fights, mostly because neither fighter has ever had a boring fight I think. Both Gaethje and Chandler are high level competitors from other promotions, and boy have they both been a violent blessing to the UFC.

I'm still not sure which one is my favorite grappling fight...because there are good grappling fights that are because of total control and some that are just fun scrambled wrestle fests. Both are awesome...I'll mull this over.

This fight is one that was blessed by the "Just Bleed" Gods of old.

My two favorites:

https://www.ufc.com/video/ufc-fight-night-thiago-tavares-vs-jason-black

https://www.ufc.com/video/ufc-68-sylvia-vs-couture

Thiago Tavares’s fight because that was everything Jiu Jitsu in MMA should look like. Solid take downs and chaining attacks together. He did a great job killing the butterfly guard with a leg weave pass (Damian Maia was GREAT at that), and finished with a submission from the guard. Superb grappling for MMA. He dominated all the little battles that make a big difference in how a fight goes.

Randy Coutures…I watched this live and was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Sylvia could have KOed him at any time during the fight but Randy took it to him for 25 minutes straight with a fantastic combination of Greco and dirty boxing. One of the best executions of a game plan I can recall.

So many great fights to choose from...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOGgNdQTdC8

OK so I know Diego Sanchez has had some rough times lately, but damn if this fight wasn't him at his very best. Wrestling up from guard before it was cool, an unstoppable shot, and a pretty solid series of submission attempts.

And Nick Diaz wasn't half bad either with some impressive reversals. This is my favorite grappling fight, followed closely by this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3o9fbjfLDk

Because Islam Makhachev has not only great wrestling, but also some solid Judo moves (the foot sweep is a notoriously difficult takedown to pull off and the way he chains it to a single leg in later rounds is phenomenal) and the fact that Tsarukyan had the huevos to go on the wrestling offense against a dude from Dagestan and has a very impressive series of escapes from mount and side control.

LL, excellent thread. So many awesome fights to think of that I am kinda excited to watch them again and so many good fights to yet come!

Forgot to add, that I always liked the class act guys.

You guys are killing me, PLEASE use the video button and then paste your Youtube URL/address into it in order to embed videos.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 10.21.50 AM.png
Views: 128
Size:  17.7 KB
    #RESIST

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Tough call, but I think this remains my favorite fight. I remember watching it before I really knew anything about MMA and thinking, "What just happened?"

"Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I don't know if I'd call it a "great fight" but one of favorites was watching the Preacher's Daughter shut the mouth of Mouthy Rousey.

The trash talk...

LET'S GO BRANDON!

User Tag List