Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: USA production Glock 28.... with pictures.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    I thought I remembered everyone crowing about how the Gen5 Glocks were actual big improvements over previous gens( with concurrent grousing that it messed with parts compatibility)?
    They are big improvements over prior Gen Glocks. Testing by multiple agencies has produced objective data regarding accuracy and mean rounds between failures showing the service sized Gen 5s are the best Glocks yet. The person you quoted is not a Glock fan.

He’s not wrong about Glock marketing though. There is a contingent of rabid Glock fan boys who are equally upset that objective data shows the slim line Glocks are not the equal of the service size Glocks in terms of reliability. Not even close.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-26-2023 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They are big improvements over prior Gen Glocks. Testing by multiple agencies has produced objective data regarding accuracy and mean rounds between failures showing the service sized Gen 5s are the best Glocks yet. The person you quoted is not a Glock fan.

He’s not wrong about Glock marketing though. There is a contingent of rabid Glock fan boys who are equally upset that objective data shows the slim line Glocks are not the equal of the service size Glocks in terms of reliability. Not even close.
    Agreed 100% had more issues with 3 slimline glocks in 3 years than 5 g19s and a g17 in 20 years

Site Supporter

I think they are now making the G28 in USA for economic/logistical reasons, not specifically to appeal to the US market...
    As many have said before, a fat blowback in 380 when there are better 9 mm short recoil options makes no sense. The G25/28 are tilt barrels too, just not locked

In the countries where people are restricted to 380 most do not want a super compact pistol but just useable ones, and G19/26 sized pistols fit the bill and have the look and feel of their renownedbig brothers. They never had the reputation for flawless function that the 9 mm have.
    The reason Glock made the G25/28 blowbacks is simply because it was the fastest and cheapest way to modify the G19/26 for the 380, otherwise they would had to lighten dramatically the slide+barrel and run extensive tests.

The sole reason for Glock to set up to make the 25 and 28 in the USA is because they think Americans will buy them.

I await a paying customer's shooting report.
    Is a G25/28 slide easier to rack than a 9mm G26/19?
    Does it have less felt recoil than a locked breech 9mm?

If not, they have no objective purpose, but will probably sell.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    The sole reason for Glock to set up to make the 25 and 28 in the USA is because they think Americans will buy them.

I await a paying customer's shooting report.
    Is a G25/28 slide easier to rack than a 9mm G26/19?
    Does it have less felt recoil than a locked breech 9mm?

If not, they have no objective purpose, but will probably sell.
    I understand your point, but Talo is the entity that believed Americans will buy them - and then it will be only about 5,000 (I think that's the special order number for Glock).

I cannot vouch for how long Glock USA has been tooled to make these, but they will never be a cataloged item by Glock for the US commercial market.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Seemed like it was, but in the end it didn’t work out like that. They fixed one fatal flaw just to create a new different one.

Washed my hands of the brand. Again. Fooled twice. Duly shamed.

What was the flaw? The only thing I recall from early in the rollout was the plating on the trigger group flaking and causing rough triggers.

I kind of lost interest early on because I'm quite happy with my Gen4s and have no compelling need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

I was interested in the slim Glocks(43x and 48), until I handled them and decided a slighlty thinner G19 wasnt really a need for me.
    Longer term, the reports that they are much more fickle than the service guns reenforced that decision.

I am curious how they hold up compared to other small 9mms like the Shields and P365 though.

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    I understand your point, but Talo is the entity that believed Americans will buy them - and then it will be only about 5,000 (I think that's the special order number for Glock).
    I didn't know it was one of those distributor specials. Still, 5000 is a lot compared to the usual run of 500 or less.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    TFB did a review of the 28. Was positive in that it had lesser recoil and discussed whether it was a classic blow back. Discussed why to carry it with the 26s out there. Just for the lesser recoil in an easier to control configuration. That's the advantage over the small, equal capacity 380s like the Rugers.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...8-full-review/

Since I shoot a 26 reasonably, not interested - maybe if old man hands get worse but not now.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List